Givi D2122S Windscreen

• Premium Member
All pictures can be seen HERE. This screen bolts right up to the stock mount.
I love the look and it's more effective than stock! Much less buffeting and noise. I actually like it low for in town and high for freeway speeds. It's been raining like crazy the past 5 days, so I only got one ride in, but here are some pics. This will be the one that stays on my bike. I'll be selling the Ermax touring and possibly the Calsci shorty.

IMG_0683.JPG
Below is one with the OEM laying on top of the Givi. Almost the same heighth, the biggest differences are the side winglets on the top and bottom, concave dip around the mount area and a little flip on the top.

IMG_0680.JPG
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
Thanks Clint! Excellent comparison pictures, it looks much better than I expected. Look forward to further review.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

• Premium Member
ahhhh, shipping on that one is pretty brutal. Plus I can wait till probably June or so to change my windshield :)
Mine came to just over $100 delivered. You can't get a Calsci shorty or Ermax delivered for that! Also, GiviUSA and US dealers typically charge a lot more than Givi shops in Europe. Check out the price for this simple Versys 650 screen at Revzilla, then the same screen in Europe. I expect this will hold true when the D2122S becomes available in the US. Another nicety about this screen is it's NOT flimsy. It's thicker than I expected. Givi makes a quality product and I'm quite happy with it. 
Now!! The box suffered a bit in transit, but the windscreen came out UNSCATHED!!! Good thing they had that "FRAGILE" tape on there!

IMG_0624.JPG
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
Looks great. Clint I see from a previous post you are 6ft? Does the wind go over your helmet so you are in a 'still bubble' or is just nice air flow? And merry Christmas from the UK!
No, the air hits my helmet about eye level. As you can see from that one picture, the Givi is about the same height at stock. I wasn't looking for a "still bubble", just less turbulence and noise. Much of that has to do with your height and helmet.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
How tall are you ? I'm 1,93m and I have a Puig Touring screen and I'm not entirely satisfied.
I'm 6 ft (or 1.83m) tall. Again, this screen does not create a bubble of still air, but simply reduces the turbulence and noise compared to stock. 
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000