Installed Corbin Seat

I ordered a custom Corbin seat about 6 days ago and was told it would take 3-4 weeks to build and ship.  Okay, sounds fair to me.  Today, they shipped!!  I am gob-smacked, I may even have it in my hot little mitts by this weekend.  Bravo, Corbin, for greatly exceeding this customer's expectations!!

-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• Premium Member
I have the Corbin seat. At first it was on the stiff side. Then after a couple of thousand miles it softened up a bit. I also bought the Corbin seat conditioner. Maybe that helped soften it?
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

I have to say that the new Corbin seat looks - and smells <g> - terrific.  It's the Gunfighter and Lady seat, all black leather with standard stitching and black piping (welt).  And a brief test sitting proves to me that this may be the single most important farkle one could get for these bikes.  To me, the stock seat was like riding on a board, my ass was killing me after 15 or 20 minutes.  The Corbin is wider, more scalloped, and despite Corbin's reputation for rock hard seats, this one is plush and cushy on top.

And did I mention the smell?  Mmmmmmm, nothing smells better in the garage than a brand spanking new leather seat!!  I can tell already that is is gonna be a serious mile munching perch for many years to come....

Best Wishes,

-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

How much for the leather Corbin seat? 
checkereddemon, you say it is not real hard foam...good to know, wonder if that is Corbin's new standard or if they make this model softer...tx?

My experience is that Corbin is very hard foam and not my favorite.

This is good news.

FTFY 
Over to you, @checkereddemon

• Premium Member
How much for the leather Corbin seat? 
Suncoaster, you say it is not real hard foam...good to know, wonder if that is Corbin's new standard or if they make this model softer...tx?

My experience is that Corbin is very hard foam and not my favorite.

This is good news.

When I ordered mine, I made sure to mention my weight. I think that might have something to do with the foam composition. I love my Corbin, wouldn't have anything other. 

>> Over to you, checkereddemon <<

I contracted cancer and the chemo/rad treatment caused me to lose 50 lbs. (whoa!!) So my ass is pretty boney. I told the salesman about this and said he'd see what they could do about softening up the top layer. Whatever they did worked! If you'd like the same (the seat NOT the cancer ), call Corbin Sales and ask for Darrell Stueckel, he'll hook you up...

-CD-

My seat ($452 delivered to 33418 West Palm Bch) looks exactly like the picture posted above, except I have black piping....

-CD-

My seat ($452 delivered to 33418 West Palm Bch) looks exactly like the picture posted above, except I have black piping.... 

Did you do the black leather, or the grey leather? It doesn't look much different on their website, but just wondering which one you got. I have the grey FJ-09, so was thinking it may look good with the grey leather, the black carbon fiber edges, and was even thinking about doing like the orange color rib to match the front forks on the FJ.  

• Premium Member
Here's mine. Black on black. I have the passenger backrest as well. Corbin does sell a small compartment glove box that attaches to the backrest.4320492.jpg

• Premium Member
Here's mine. Black on black. I have the passenger backrest as well. Corbin does sell a small compartment glove box that attaches to the backrest.
Cool, never know when you will need a mini padded toilet seat when you are out on the road!  ;-)

I have the older, solid toilet seat lid. The donut shaped one looks ugly to me...
-CD-

• Premium Member
Here's a pic from the Corbin website on the attachable Glovebox. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to buy this. Unpainted it's $300.00. Painted $359.00 4322161.jpg

• Premium Member
Oh by the way, That's a great Idea to use the backrest as a toilet seat! That will come in handy when camping... Anybody wants to be my passenger on my next camping trip? Something to think about while leaning back on my backrest... Handy-wipes are your friend...;-)

• Premium Member
Here's a pic from the Corbin website on the attachable Glovebox. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to buy this. Unpainted it's $300.00. Painted $359.00 
Changes it from a padded toilet seat to a porta potti.  Gotta get one of those!

Archived