Luxembourg - the star in a 5 country tour.

wessie

• Premium Member
I once did Holland,Belgium,Luxembourg,Germany,France,Lichtenstein,Switzerland,Italy in one very long day of 600cc sportbike riding. Didn't see much on that ride except fast highways, but 8 countries in 1 day! Europe is so small.

• Premium Member
I once did Holland,Belgium,Luxembourg,Germany,France,Lichtenstein,Switzerland,Italy in one very long day of 600cc sportbike riding. Didn't see much on that ride except fast highways, but 8 countries in 1 day! Europe is so small.
Lichtenstein is not a country. If you meant Liechtenstein, that's a micro country. Still, would have been one heck of a ride, I don't know how far you got into Italy but I'd guess it must have been at least 650+ miles? Brilliant terrain you covered, but so many passes you should have savoured. 
Yes, Europe is so small, compared to the USA, still, if you do Amsterdam to Malaga it will be around 1,400 for the shortest route, and then you can head east to Bucharest for a similar distance.

Now, if you want to do a proper ride do the Cape to Cairo, by road it will be around 5,500 miles. Budget 4 months.

• Premium Member

Lichtenstein is not a country. If you meant Liechtenstein, that's a micro country. Still, would have been one heck of a ride, I don't know how far you got into Italy but I'd guess it must have been at least 650+ miles? Brilliant terrain you covered, but so many passes you should have savoured. 
Yes, Europe is so small, compared to the USA, still, if you do Amsterdam to Malaga it will be around 1,400 for the shortest route, and then you can head east to Bucharest for a similar distance.

Now, if you want to do a proper ride do the Cape to Cairo, by road it will be around 5,500 miles. Budget 4 months.

Yeah I meant the micro Swiss country, not the village in Germany.

Yes I went back and forth to Amsterdam a lot that summer for some reason and did ride the good stuff between France Germany Alsace region a lot on back roads as well that summer as well as Budapest to Western Europe (my family is Hungarian, all over Czech,Slovakia, Poland,east Germany to holland and back. I was riding to my families place on Italian riviera a lot, free place to stay! Lots of good riding in Liguria and Italian alps and southern France to. Did 20,000 miles in about 5 months in Europe on my Florida plates. Still waiting for all my photo radar tickets from Europe. The bachelor days were good to me. I'm lucky if I can go for an afternoon ride these days.

Archived