Help Finding these Sidebags

Guest dmizer
Luggage for a week.

For a week by myself, I can get away with nothing but a tank bag if I'm not camping. I'll add a seat bag if I think I'll need a change or two of street clothes.

This was my gear for a 3 month, long distance job transfer that required a ferry ride.
J2b9klv.jpg

• Premium Member
3 chocks, 2 ratchet straps! That ferry isn't operated by P&O then :)

What many people seem to forget when going on a trip from the UK is that there are shops on the other side of the English Channel and they prepare for a trip to Andermatt as if they were going to ride to Vladivostok via Ulan Bator.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member

They didn't make us strap or chock anything.... http://www.outerbanks.com/cedar-island-ferry.html
IMAG1361_zpsrl6vvywp.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Guest dmizer
This was an overnight ferry, so they were pretty careful. But, there are actually 4 chocks. One is under the exhaust on the right side of the bike to prevent it from tipping.

Similar to this:
5vKcIEz.jpg

What many people seem to forget when going on a trip from the UK is that there are shops on the other side of the English Channel and they prepare for a trip to Andermatt as if they were going to ride to Vladivostok via Ulan Bator.
I do admit that the hotels here are pretty special and offer spare sandals, plenty of toiletries, and even something to wear while lounging around the hotel. In resort areas, these can even be worn outside the hotel in the evening.

OwfSGjB.jpg

I'll jump in once again to sing the praises of my Shad Semi-Rigid bags.  See them and my feedback on them here:  http://fj-09.org/thread/2871/shad-semi-rigid-side-bags

These don't seem to be waterproof, as none of my soft bags ever have been and these are basically upgraded soft bags.  As far as keeping things dry, my plan is to do what I have done in the past...keep a thick garbage bag inside to use as a liner.  Nobody sees the inside of my bags.  Elegant?  Nope.  But these bags are waterproof, inexpensive and typically allow for things to slide around easily inside them.  and the way you used the Shad bags, they unzip from the top, therefore it should be easy to get things in and out of a garbage bag loosely inside.   

To be fair, the Shads come with silver liners that go over the bag for waterproof.  Perhaps I'll use those in wet weather and keep an empty garbage bag stashed in the bag if I lose a cover.  The silver color is probably better for visibility on rainy days too.

Guest dmizer
As far as keeping things dry, my plan is to do what I have done in the past...keep a thick garbage bag inside to use as a liner.
The problem with relying on this as your primary waterproof liner is that plastic doesn't breath and condensation collects inside the bag, so your gear can often end up just as wet as it would if you hadn't used them at all. You can reduce this tendency by trying to squeeze as much of the air out of the plastic bag as you can, but you're still much better off relying on the included rain covers.

I use Givi V35, but the best feature is the quick release pannier racks the supply now and comes with T piece key a 1/4 turn on 6 bolts and the whole rack comes off in one piece, you would never know they were there.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Archived