Help Finding these Sidebags

Hello Eff Zeerrs!

I need some help finding the sidebags shown on this picture. i cannot find them anywhere. They look like they are Yamaha bags, but their site does not have any bags close to these.

These are the bags found when the FJ / MT Tracer unveiled on 2014 EICMA. See link for the cycleworld pic.

http://www.cycleworld.com/sites/cycleworld.com/files/styles/large_1x_/public/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Yamaha-MT-09-EICMA-1.jpg?itok=NsB5P8qO

i feel those are the best looking bags, and they complete the whole look of the bike. Even on a Grey one like mine :D . Appreciate your help! thanks

Guest reeseyboy
Don't bother with them. They're too small due to the waterproof stuff bags that's included as they leak like a sieve through the zips. Sold mine.

Some more pics if you wanted a closer look. As mentioned the inner bag does use up space, but you'll need to use something as they are not waterproof.
I can see that putting a bit of strain on the zips due to putting in a bit too much would eventually tear the zip area. A friend of mine had the same bags but branded KTM and he had issues with them falling apart.

4456848.jpg  

4456844.jpg

4456841.jpg

• Premium Member
Some more pics if you wanted a closer look. As mentioned the inner bag does use up space, but you'll need to use something as they are not waterproof. I can see that putting a bit of strain on the zips due to putting in a bit too much would eventually tear the zip area. A friend of mine had the same bags but branded KTM and he had issues with them falling apart.

Ditch the waterproof bags, they are sturdy but take up far too much space. Get small waterproof bags from a hiking store and organise your luggage in several smaller compartments.

Man.. Thanks for the heads up guys. I really like the way the FJ looks with them. Based on your experience, I think I will pass. I suppose we could move this thread to the other side case section.

What are you guys using instead? I hear the oem hard bags are too small and expensive.

The alternative is to find FJR bags, but those are hard to come by.

Any alternative bags you guys recommend?

I am running Shad SH36 side bags. A fair bit cheaper than OEM ones, quite a bit bigger. Can carry a full face or a 12 pack with no problem.
Only issue is they stick out fairly wide from the sides of the bike. Other than that I am really happy with mine.

• Premium Member
Man.. Thanks for the heads up guys. I really like the way the FJ looks with them. Based on your experience, I think I will pass. I suppose we could move this thread to the other side case section. 
What are you guys using instead? I hear the oem hard bags are too small and expensive.

There are loads of threads about luggage, but I'll answer your specific question; I ordered my bike with the Yamaha soft/hard luggage as mentioned above. They look good, fit nice and I really like the SW Motech racks. They do not impact filtering. But they are relatively small when you use the waterproof inner bags. As mentioned, rather use lighter waterproof bags for ruck sacks.  
I eventually replaced them with Shad SH36 side cases - best value I could find and they look good. But just like the Givi side cases they are wide, wider than the handlebars and I will only use them for longer trips (week +). Otherwise I use my Kriega bags, 1x30 + 2x10. I also have a Givi V47 Top Box for trips to the store etc. and a SW Motech Engage tank bag.

The Shad side cases and Givi top box have inner bags - important for easy loading/unloading.

The above combination gives me options for everything I want to do.

Here's a look at the Shad SH-36 bags on my bike - http://i.imgur.com/glgM7Gu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/stH3gRe.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gr9fXD6.jpg

As someone said, they hold a full face helmet and are sturdy.  I had to wait a month for them to be restocked, so if you do decide on them check on availability.

• Premium Member
I feel like those are so huge they'd actually strike the ground in a hard corner.
Camera angle may be deceptive, you'd have to try really hard. But they are wide. It's luggage though, use it on tour. We normally stay 2 or 3 nights at the same place, you obviously remove them for exciting day rides from your base. The Givi V35s are similar in width. If you are a hard core tourer who wants to ride hard everyday throw your one pair of clean pants and t-shirt in a Kriega bag and strap it to the pillion seat.

Guest dmizer
Camera angle may be deceptive, you'd have to try really hard. But they are wide. It's luggage though, use it on tour. We normally stay 2 or 3 nights at the same place, you obviously remove them for exciting day rides from your base. The Givi V35s are similar in width. If you are a hard core tourer who wants to ride hard everyday throw your one pair of clean pants and t-shirt in a Kriega bag and strap it to the pillion seat.
I guess some people just travel lighter than others. This was my 8 day two up touring configuration on my old CB1300. Have to admit though, that I'm extremely lucky to have a female riding partner that can pack as light as me. I don't think I'd need more space for a month long tour either.

GHdc1n6.jpg?1

That's a 15L Givi tanklock bag and two 21L Hepco and Becker side bags. In addition to that, my passenger had a small over the shoulder back pack where she kept valuables. We did do laundry once during the trip, but that's pretty easy to do almost anywhere we can stop. When I tour by myself, I just strap a generic duffel bag onto the passenger seat. That carries my tent, sleeping bag, a change of clothes (including several pair of socks and underwear), and sundry necessities. Everything else fits in my tank bag.

• Premium Member
17 days. No camping. Access to laundry facilities.

IMAG1467_zpsfxhf49cp.jpg

IMAG1454_zpscb71fli5.jpg
IMAG1387_zpsm79ksxbs.jpg

I haven't been anywhere on the FJ. Yet.....

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Archived