Anyway To Change Drive Mode Default?

milo

I like the "standard" riding mode which was the default but after my ECM was flashed "A mode" is now the default. It's not a huge deal, certainly not worth sending the ECM back to TWD, I just have to remember to change the mode to Std every time the bike is started unless there's a way I can change it.

ECU flash is the only way I know of. Usually whoever is flashing the ECU asks what mode you want as default...

I'm not familiar with the "diagnostics mode" on the FJ. Maybe there is a way to change it there.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
I really don't understand why it doesn't keep the last used mode, it would be so much easier
Most of my starts are to ride to work - I want it in STD mode for this sub-urban, into semi-rural then city centre route.  
I only stick it in A mode when really going for it on a "Sunday" ride. 

Therefore, the automatic return to standard suits me as I would probably forget to press the button twice to get back to STD and then get to the junction at the end of my road and find I'm edging out into the traffic with a cold engine in A mode. I'd get used to it but I prefer to be in STD mode for that junction and the mini-roundabout 50 yards further along.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

TWD would certainly re-program it back to the original Standard mode start at no charge to you if you asked them to. Too bad there was a little miscommunication there. I had them flash mine and they asked if I wanted it to start in A mode and I said I preferred standard so that's where they left it.

TWD would certainly re-program it back to the original Standard mode start at no charge to you if you asked them to. Too bad there was a little miscommunication there. I had them flash mine and they asked if I wanted it to start in A mode and I said I preferred standard so that's where they left it.
 Oh I'm sure they would it's just that I don't want to go through the hassle. The person (not Nels) from TWD called me when he was about to flash it to confirm I wanted "closed throttle fuel shut off" left enabled, (I wish he would have asked if I wanted the default changed.) 
 First ride after the flash I was a little disappointed that the throttle seemed as snatchy as before and attributed it to me having the fuel shut off left enabled. I was contemplating taking the ECM back out to have them disable it. It wasn't until I rode it again I noticed it being in "A" mode, moving to Std was *much* nicer. In reality A mode now is about as smooth as Std was prior while throttle action in Std now is noticeably smoother. 

Archived