Elka rear shock

troll

Went looking for Elka Suspension on the web and found that they no longer show motorcycle suspension as a product line. Gave them a call and found out that they are "sort of" still doing some motorcycle shocks. They still had two shock bodies to build stage 4 or 5 shocks for the FJ. The short part of the story is that now they only have one shock body left and I should have a stage 5 Elka rear shock in about two weeks. $1285.00 cnd delivered.
Coming to you from the frozen wastelands of the barren north

• 2 weeks later...
Good for you. I guess bummer for the rest of the community. I raced a Ninja650R with an Elka. Had an Elka on my Verys 650. I have an Elka on my Tiger 1050. They make good shocks. Must not be enough money in motorcycles to keep them interested.

Good for you. I guess bummer for the rest of the community. I raced a Ninja650R with an Elka. Had an Elka on my Verys 650. I have an Elka on my Tiger 1050. They make good shocks. Must not be enough money in motorcycles to keep them interested.
glad to hear this 

• 2 weeks later...
well, I'm pretty impressed with this shock... With about 300km on the new shock I think Elka knocked it out of the park. Straight out of the box without adjusting anything this is a vast improvement over the stock rear shock. It is too bad Elka is not continuing to build these. The bad part is that it shows up how bad the forks are. Not really bad just damped very sharp/tight. I think when I get the rebound and compression dialled in the rear is going to be as smooth as silk.

Archived