Turn signal led bulb replacements.

docsimple

Hey y'all,

I have found that you can easily/cheaply buy bulb replacements to convert your signals to led. I can't figure out what type to buy though. I do find the part number:

Yamaha BULB, FLASHER Part # 5PW-83331-00-00

and I saw some pics so I know its just glass with the wire at the end:

$_1.JPG

So can anyone tell me the correct bulb type?

these seem like a good price for a pair:

http://www.protuninglab.com/pa313441duco.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=71576633902

look like they might fit

thanks

2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Although that is a good find.. for the price of those bulbs you can get a new set of LED signals that look 100x better than the stock signals.. but that just my opinion.

Also, the switchback feature wont be effective unless you already have clear lenses.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

My signals are not there for style, they are there to be seen.. :)
Aftermarket LED signals can serve both functions.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

i want to leave the stockers on and just get the brighter, longer lasting bulbs. Still not 100% sure they would fit...
2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 1 month later...
SO, the front stock lamps are 3 wire, while the rear ones are just two.

The front is a running light, and turn signal.
Rears are just signals only. They don't glow yellow all the time, but if you got a red/amber switchback LED for the rear lamps, you could make them into running lamps, but would need a set of "FRONT" stock lamps with the 3 wire plugs/wires.

Then wire up the fronts so they are on with running lights, and turns as normal.
And in the rear, add in a circuit to the rear lamp to light the "RED" led's for additional running lamps, and the "AMBER" leds when you use the turn signals or hazard feature. (So the stock wires.) The only "added" wire would be for the running lamp, red led power.

They use a common ground that's already there.

I know many folks like the LED smaller running and turn signals, but I'm a fan of the stock design, and don't mind their size, or how bright they are. More lights, the better on a motorcycle in my view.

Similar ones for less?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-3157-3156-60SMD-DUAL-COLOR-SWITCHBACK-WHITE-AMBER-TURN-SIGNAL-LED-LIGHT-BULBS-/262197183416?hash=item3d0c2b83b8:g:cQoAAOSw~otWczbL&vxp=mtr

Has anyone found LED bulbs that fit/work in the original lenses, without installing resistors? The Philips bulb finder cross references to type #7440 in the rear, and #7443 in the front, with the sneaky note about possibly requiring resistors for some vehicles etc. The packaging for the bulbs calls them minis, i.e. shorter length. 
[attachment thumbnail=1" id="1042] [attachment id=1041" thumbnail="1]

Why not invest in an electronic flasher and forget about the resistors?

Has anyone found LED bulbs that fit/work in the original lenses, without installing resistors? The Philips bulb finder cross references to type #7440 in the rear, and #7443 in the front, with the sneaky note about possibly requiring resistors for some vehicles etc. The packaging for the bulbs calls them minis, i.e. shorter length. 

This. Do this. 

Now...this there then sounds like a good idea!

The one I purchased from customled.com was plug and play. Literally 45 seconds to remove the seat and install it.

I've got LEDs in all 4 corners, no resistors in sight.

Now...this there then sounds like a good idea!
The one I purchased from customled.com was plug and play. Literally 45 seconds to remove the seat and install it. 
I've got LEDs in all 4 corners, no resistors in sight.
please list the part numbers....
2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Archived