Aluminium rack

A few people have asked about this rack.

The rack is good, better than I expected.
It's solid enough that I can lean on it and lift the front wheel when the bike is on the centre stand.
10kg easily.

It's 4mm aluminium plate, mounted on steel bars and the two bolts behind the pillion seat.
The bars mount where the pannier bracket is bolted in.

The only minor thing is that it's anodized plain aluminium, I'd prefer if it was black anodized.
I've painted it black over the anodizing.

They are on ebay now www.ebay.com/itm/322454860087 - but I got mine from Aliexpress.

The other rack I was considering was the Ventura, as I've had those before, but I prefer this one.

IMG_20160406_172841_zpsilbhyj3t.jpg

I have the same rack purchased from eBay. The seller is in China. I'm in Arizona and it only took about a week to get here. I expected much longer wait time. Anyway, build quality is pretty good and seems plenty strong.
I also painted mine a semi flat black and it matches the rest of the bike pretty well. Seems like a good deal for $90 shipped.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw this rack on Aliexpress, i was curious about it because i only want a rear rack and i don't want to buy the Givi kit because with that you need to buy even the plate (an M5 or an M7) because without them you only get a pair of brackets and you can't use it like a normal rack.
Another one is the SWMotech alu-rack, but's really expensive (like the Hepco one).

This from China seems good in quality but i don't know if it's solid enough to hold a plate and a big 45ltrs or similar case...

• 5 months later...
Based on this thread, I just ordered one and it got here QUICK! Looking at the picture above I understand how it mounts, but my question concerns the brackets. I assume they mount to the back side of the side rail (closest to the seat)? There were no directions or pictures, and included a few odd pieces of hardware. There are two screws to obviously go in the countersunk holes in the top of the rack. But there are THREE stainless allen head bolts and FOUR aluminum spacers. I assume I will need to go match the 4th bolt at the hardware store, but that would mean the spacers and bracket mount to the outside? If I could find a picture from the side that would help. I don't have any side cases yet, so the mounting may be a bit different?

Thanks for any help!

Is there any racks that mount a top box above the passenger seat? If you don't do any 2 up riding it'd be nice to be more compact in my mind..but I've never seen such a thing.
Not exactly a tail "box" but have used these for many, many years on all my bikes (there is one on Mary's FJ). Touring, short rides, On/off in 20 seconds, holds a lot of stuff, expandable. Just make sure you buy the rain cover, with it on completely waterproof. Best tail pack available IMO.http://rka-luggage.com/A03%20Seatbags/18_STARR/STARR%20II.html 

Is there any racks that mount a top box above the passenger seat? If you don't do any 2 up riding it'd be nice to be more compact in my mind..but I've never seen such a thing.
http://fj-09.org/post/39318/thread The Ventura rack system can be positioned either over the seat, or behind it.
I've had a couple, they are easy to flick around, even on a trip.

www.ventura-bike.com/product/Yamaha/MT-09-Tracer

0006975_mt-09-tracer_zpsv3xjheod.jpeg

• Premium Member
http://fj-09.org/post/39318/thread The Ventura rack system can be positioned either over the seat, or behind it.
I've had a couple, they are easy to flick around, even on a trip.

www.ventura-bike.com/product/Yamaha/MT-09-Tracer

0006975_mt-09-tracer_zpsv3xjheod.jpeg

Hmmm... I do like that!

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

Archived