Howdy from Houston

Rydah

Hi, folks.   New member here, but not an actual owner yet. I'm in the process of selling my current 2012 650 VStrom, then will be looking at getting an FJ-09.  Found some pretty good deals on 2015s, but a little harder to find on in the red color I prefer.  If anyone knows of a local shop that's running a great deal on a new, red 2015, please drop me a note with where and how much.  Also, any info on changes to the 2017, and what color choices there may be on those?  Looking forward to joining in here, and hopefully meeting some of you in the future.Rydah

Just picked up my 2015 last week on sale for $9,450 up here in Portland. It is black, but they have red as well. Seen some for sale in other areas too, so they are around. Sounds like you may just have to fly up and road trip it back lol.

• Premium Member
2015's are last year's model, so you will have to do some leg work to find a dealer with a red one in stock. We still hear stories of folks buying them, so I'm assuming they are out there, but start calling all the dealers in your area. You should be able to get a good deal, certainly under 10K.

One thing to consider once the negotiating is over, ask the dealer to throw in the 600 mile service for free, and make sure they actually check/adjust the throttle body assemblies. Most of the service is easy enough you could do it yourself, but it is a pain to pull the tank to get to the throttle bodies, and having the dealer do it for free is worth making the ask.

Good luck, and I hope you find your bike......

Welcome aboard!!

Yeah the red is hard to find now, especially since they aren't bringing them into AUS anymore (only Silver & Grey).
I had to go 1500 kilometres = approx 930 miles to take delivery of mine and rode it home.

Good luck with the hunt for Red.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

• 2 weeks later...
Well, guess I'm official now guys 'n' gals. Pulled the trigger on a 2015 Grey. Wanted the red, but the price was just too good to pass up ($7,999), and now that I've had it long enough to see it in different light, it's really grown on me. I've always preferred neutral colors; easier for accessories and clothing match. Anyway, looking forward to learning more on here, and maybe even meeting some of you fine folks along the way. Cheers!

Archived