• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

the VERY lazy man's auxiliary LED light bracket

Step 1.  Using a wrench, remove the silly and ugly yellow side reflectors from the front wheel near the brake gear.

Step 2.  Attach your LED lights to these (way overengineered for reflectors) brackets.

Step 3.  Wire as appropriate, zip tying the wires to the brake lines.

Any pictures ? Curious about those brackets.

ugly yellow side reflectors from the front wheel near the brake gear. [span]    [/span]

Nothing that ugly on my 2016 - perhaps the factory forgot to put them on... maybe another FJ-09 vs Tracer regional thing.

IMG_20160410_153444_zpshk2akbvc.jpg

Any pictures ? Curious about those brackets.

ugly yellow side reflectors from the front wheel near the brake gear. [span]    [/span]

Nothing that ugly on my 2016 - perhaps the factory forgot to put them on... maybe another FJ-09 vs Tracer regional thing. 
IMG_20160410_153444_zpshk2akbvc.jpg

I'm pretty certain these things are federal DOT mandated regs, as every bike I've bought had side reflectors somewhere on or about the front wheel.  Hope this link works, you can make out the top of the black bracket over the light bracket.  
https://picasaweb.google.com/johnha1980/6297133812016625265?authkey=Gv1sRgCMbr59282cCrLw&feat=email

Those brackets would only be present on US-market bikes.
Yup.  I just went through the parts fiche and can't find the front bracket or reflector.  Strange thing is the rear one is listed.  Do non-USA specced bikes have ANY side reflectors? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived