Steering column lock won't work on right side

• Premium Member
For some reason, after my ride today, I can't lock the steering column with the handle bars turned to the right. The lock does work when I turn it to the left. I can turn the key, but it seems like something is blocking it from going all the way to the locked position. Kind of stops about half way and won't go any more.

Anyone else experienced any problems with their lock?

The manual says that the steering lock should be applied with the handlebars turned to the left. I've only ever tried it this side.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member
Hmmmm, I have been locking it turned to the right since I got the bike. Fits better in my garage space that way, so I know I'm not just crazy.

But it clearly isn't working anymore. Guess a warranty repair is out of the question......

Hmmmm, I have been locking it turned to the right since I got the bike. Fits better in my garage space that way, so I know I'm not just crazy. 

But it clearly isn't working anymore. Guess a warranty repair is out of the question......
Considering the manual says "left", and several of us (including me) say it never did work to the right - I don't see a warranty question.  Though it is strange that it was working for you.  Have you changed anything in that area lately that may now limit the movement in that direction?  Oh, and one instance of rational thinking doesn't necessarily mean "I'm not just crazy". (joking) 

• Premium Member

Considering the manual says "left", and several of us (including me) say it never did work to the right - I don't see a warranty question.  Though it is strange that it was working for you.  Have you changed anything in that area lately that may now limit the movement in that direction?  Oh, and one instance of rational thinking doesn't necessarily mean "I'm not just crazy". (joking)
Well I'm guessing you all are correct, and I'm just losing my mind. I have recently switched from parking front in to now backing it in, so maybe I'm just getting a little confused. 
I'll accept this was user error and humbly apologize for wasting everyone's time.

Archived