Essential parts/mods for my FJ-09 (yours too)

• Premium Member
They worked before I entered them and after trying to edit by copying yours they still don't work????  WTF
delete the extra http and it will work.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Here are the prices and pieces on the FJ. Related to Cowlings there isn't an individually piece that cost more than $100. In a tip over, you are not going to damage all of them. While on the FJR you can have a tip over that will damage one item that will cost over $500 today ($400 when it was new in 04) and that was the lower fairing couple that  with the potential of the scatching the upper fairing at $250 and the mirror, etc.   The sliders made good sense.   I'm thinking from experience, that if you crash, you not only wipe out the bike, you also damage the sliders and most likely you aren't riding home.  Just saying. Just trying to give another point of view.  If  you like sliders and think they are cool, by all means get them, they are not a waste of money if you fall down slowly or tip over in a parking lot, or some car bumps your bike and it falls over.  Not as big a waste as aftermarket cans that is, but maybe not as good a value as improved suspension. JSES.

My experience has been to the contrary.  Having crashed over 15 times, there have only been 2 occasions where I did not ride the bike home. One was the bike not functional.  The other was me.  Every other time my gear and the sliders saved the functional bits.
2008 Street Triple G
2015 FJ-09

I'm thinking from experience, that if you crash, you not only wipe out the bike, you also damage the sliders and most likely you aren't riding home.  Just saying. Just trying to give another point of view. 

My experience has been to the contrary.  Having crashed over 15 times, there have only been 2 occasions where I did not ride the bike home. One was the bike not functional.  The other was me.  Every other time my gear and the sliders saved the functional bits.
Of course, our experiences will be different.  I have only had 3 crashes, 4 counting the deer strike.  In all cases I could have ridden the bike home, except the time I broke my collar bone and got a concussion, but the bike was still ride-able.  Based on the number of crashes you noted, I would assume that you ride a little more aggressively then me and most people (race track?).  Most people I know haven't had as many crashes as I have.  I am glad you are still riding. :) 

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Archived