Good bye to my awesome FJ-09

• Premium Member
IMG_8624.jpg

Good bye to my awesome FJ-09. Thank you for lots great times and memories 
I'm sure Chris will have  also great trips and rides with you.

Appears to be appropriately excited about the recent acquisition.  Gratz! 

Looks to be a Kendon - https://www.kendonusa.com/
By george, I think you are right! $2600 is a bit pricey, but I do like the design. 

Screen_Shot_2016_10_28_at_4_52_03_PM.png

cool design for sure, but for half the price I can go get a utility trailer that can haul a motorcycle and more.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Looks to be a Kendon - https://www.kendonusa.com/
By george, I think you are right! $2600 is a bit pricey, but I do like the design.
There's an old saying that you get what you pay for, and in this case it might be fairly valid. It looks like one of those "lifetime" (yours) items. But also, a professional definition of "quality" is "fitness for use". The point being - for what are you going to use it, and how much are you going to use it? Will something cheaper suffice, or is this really appropriate for you and your need? MHO only.

• Premium Member
There's an old saying that you get what you pay for, and in this case it might be fairly valid. It looks like one of those "lifetime" (yours) items.But also, a professional definition of "quality" is "fitness for use". The point being - for what are you going to use it, and how much are you going to use it? Will something cheaper suffice, or is this really appropriate for you and your need? MHO only.

Don't disagree, but I can get the utility trailer below for <$900 which will do much more than a motorcycle specific trailer. I don't have that kind of money to throw away, but the Kendall is a very nice trailer, and I wish I had it. 

Screen_Shot_2016_10_29_at_5_18_13_PM.png

The trick is to buy one used.  I have a dual Kendon in my garage, like new, paid 1200 bucks.  Well worth it.  It is standing up against the wall out of the way, and I can roll it out and hook it up any time I need it.  You can't do that with a 'utility' trailer :)  And since you can store it inside, it will last virtually forever.  Great trailers.

Don't worry Paulo,it went to a good home :) I took it for a little spin today...

FJ003.jpg

FJ002.jpg

Regarding the Kendon trailer; I looked at a lot of options and as I was shopping a found a brand new one that had been gathering dust at a Harley dealer for several years. Seems their buyers were exclusively interested in trailering 2 or more of their wonderful bikes to their destinations. I, on the other hand, owning a Honda Civic, and actually wanting to stay away from hauling others and their gear to track days, was specifically looking for a single bike trailer. I could have saved a few hundred dollars its true, but it tows super sweet and baring theft I don't think I'll ever need another trailer.

I don't think I "threw my money away" and good luck standing that trailer on end and storing it out of the way in your garage  :)

There's an old saying that you get what you pay for, and in this case it might be fairly valid. It looks like one of those "lifetime" (yours) items. But also, a professional definition of "quality" is "fitness for use". The point being - for what are you going to use it, and how much are you going to use it? Will something cheaper suffice, or is this really appropriate for you and your need? MHO only.

Don't disagree, but I can get the utility trailer below for <$900 which will do much more than a motorcycle specific trailer. I don't have that kind of money to throw away, but the Kendall is a very nice trailer, and I wish I had it. 

Screen_Shot_2016_10_29_at_5_18_13_PM.png

• Premium Member
Landscaping trailers can be modified for motorcycle hauling. The ones with the steel mesh ramps are not aerodynamic and will cause fuel economy loss. I found it's best to remove the mesh ramp for long distance hauling and use another ramp. Personally I eventually got a great deal on a used Aluma trailer and I love it.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Archived