Vcyclenut ECU Flash Review

I decided on Vcyclenut's flash based on many favorable reviews on the FZ-09 forum and the reasonable price. I chose the "quick throttle" option for A mode. All I can say is WOW! The contrast between A and STD is substantial. All three modes now have a very different personality. And throttle control excellent in all modes.

What exactly were all the changes made? 
Thx
I refer you to the Tuner's Website: 

http://www.vcyclenut.com/store/p2/FZ%2FFJ-09%2FXSR900_custom_flash.html

In my case, I used all the defaults except Start up in STD mode and let him know what Fuel Map I would like by indication of the Exhaust system I have in the notes section.

Highly recommend Quick Throttle for A mode.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
A couple of quick questions.  Did you notice a significant change in engine braking in A or STD mode?  And what is the main difference between stock A mode and "quick throttle" A mode?  Is it reduced degree of throttle turn like using a throttle cam?
Thanks for the info.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

the flash does away with the fuel cut on decel, it's much better in the curves, smooths out the jerkiness, and the engine braking is not as harsh, mine starts in A mode, I pretty much leave it there all the time, I also had my fans to come on a little sooner since I live in a warmer climate. I still get 43 MPG.   

A couple of quick questions.  Did you notice a significant change in engine braking in A or STD mode?  And what is the main difference between stock A mode and "quick throttle" A mode?  Is it reduced degree of throttle turn like using a throttle cam? Thanks for the info.

The difference in engine braking is subtle in both A and STD. I don't feel that I wish I had more.

The quick throttle in A is just that as you said : your asking for more power for the same degrees of throttle rotation as compared to STD. It gives the sensation of a "more powerful" mode. I like to use it when climbing a twisty road as it "feels" like I'm getting more torque. Also use it when I need to pass cars. More instant power. Three distinct power personalities, all with excellent power control.

• Premium Member

The difference in engine braking is subtle in both A and STD. I don't feel that I wish I had more.

The quick throttle in A is just that as you said : your asking for more power for the same degrees of throttle rotation as compared to STD. It gives the sensation of a "more powerful" mode. I like to use it when climbing a twisty road as it "feels" like I'm getting more torque. Also use it when I need to pass cars. More instant power. Three distinct power personalities, all with excellent power control.

Did you have any low speed low throttle opening stumble before... that this fixed?
No I don't have that... I had that and a bad throttle hesitation between shifts getting back on the throttle with my 2014 Tenere ES. I had my ECU re flashed in it and that really cured it. I've only had this FJ-09 for about 1,400 miles so I suppose I keep looking for those symptoms. ?

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

• Supporting Member
wallycycle
Thanks for the update, "quick throttle" sounds like its just what I need. On my previous FZ1, I had the ECU flash and full dyno tune and I also installed an R6 1/6-turn throttle tube, I know exactly what you are describing.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived