Worth the Trip - Barber Motorsports Museum

YamaGeezer

Saturday it was near 70 degrees in North Georgia. A couple friends and I wanted to ride, but all the good roads are still covered with sand from last week's ice and snow. Since warm weekends are rare in January, we decided to check out Barber Motorsports outside of Birmingham. Interstate riding is better than no riding, at all! We left early and made it to the museum right at the 10 AM opening time - stayed for most of the day.  The museum has about 750 motorcycles on display, including unrestored 100+ year old classics, brand new bikes, and everything in between. It seems like anything I could remember riding (or wished I could ride) was on display. The tour took us through the basement where the restoration shop is located. Wow, these guys are talented. Barber was also running a track day so there were many sports cars out, doing what they are made for. Fun to watch those, too. 

We made it back home around 8:30 and still didn't need any cold weather gear.  Really thankful for the great weather we were blessed with.  If anyone else is interested in checking out the museum, I think it's worth the price of admission.  I hope everyone else in the area was out enjoying the weather, too. 

Stay Safe - - - 

Saturday it was near 70 degrees in North Georgia. A couple friends and I wanted to ride, but all the good roads are still covered with sand from last week's ice and snow. Since warm weekends are rare in January, we decided to check out Barber Motorsports outside of Birmingham. Interstate riding is better than no riding, at all! We left early and made it to the museum right at the 10 AM opening time - stayed for most of the day.  The museum has about 750 motorcycles on display, including unrestored 100+ year old classics, brand new bikes, and everything in between. It seems like anything I could remember riding (or wished I could ride) was on display. The tour took us through the basement where the restoration shop is located. Wow, these guys are talented. Barber was also running a track day so there were many sports cars out, doing what they are made for. Fun to watch those, too.   
We made it back home around 8:30 and still didn't need any cold weather gear.  Really thankful for the great weather we were blessed with.  If anyone else is interested in checking out the museum, I think it's worth the price of admission.  I hope everyone else in the area was out enjoying the weather, too. 

Stay Safe - - - 

The Barber Motorsports facility is a must-visit for anyone who rides a motorcycle. The mc museum is by far the finest in the USA, if not the world.  The first weekend of October is the annual Vintage Festival which is nothing short of fantastic. Each year it gets bigger and better, drawing over 60,000 people, and countless rare motorcycles. At the 2015 festival they had 7 off the (only) 8 Britton race bikes gathered.
My avatar photo is a gopro screenshot coming through turn 9. The building to my left in the background is the Barber Museum

Keep Asheville weird!

Archived