G'day from Australia!

micmacimus

Bought an ex-demo MT-09 Tracer (your FJ-09) in December 2016, with 1700Ks on it.
A few days later, I was off on something over 1500Ks over 3 days of riding, most of that with my wife on the back. I'd never ridden much with a pillion, and certainly nothing like that distance, and she'd only jumped on my learner bike as a pillion the week before, so it was a hell of an adventure.

This highlighted a couple of bits and pieces I want to add to the bike, like a windscreen and a better saddle. Some of these are in progress, others to come over the next little while.

• Premium Member
Well, you fall into a majority of owners who also think the windshield and seat need replacing.

Try the Corbin seat, and I like the Madstad windscreen

Welcome to the forum.....

• Premium Member
Welcome!

I'm happy with the 24" Madstad. I have one of the early ones, so it's fairly blockish-looking--I think the new ones are prettier. But it works. I keep it in the low position normally. If I go on a long trip I may hoist it all the way up.

Ride safe!

Cheers, but I've got it booked to take to a guy locally who makes very good custom seats. He uses the original seat pan, and comes very highly recommended from people who've had him do both adventure and tourer seats for them. I looked at the Corbin one piece, as well as the Sargent two-piece, but they're just a bit pricey when you include shipping and our terrible exchange rate. This guy does them for about 150 less than a Corbin seat, without any shipping to worry about.

I'll definitely have a look at the windscreen recommendations, tho I'm a bit torn on that front. Either getting one big tourer, and just putting up with it when I commute (I can ride 4 seasons here, so I commute year-round), or getting two, and swapping between a shorty and a tourer depending on what I'm doing with it.

I'm looking at the Puigi ones as well, as they seem to have some good options.

Archived