2017 FJ-09

According to Yamaha's site, on the '17 model they added the slipper/assist clutch and additional TCS settings. Is anyone aware of anything else that may have changed like an updated CCT (maybe they did that in '16?). It seems like at some point I read that there was another minor change (outside of color) that I found interesting (this was a month or so ago) and I'll be damned if I can remember and/or find what that was. Other than Yamaha's site, there's very little Google pulls up on changes as there aren't any '17 ride reviews that I could find.

I've had my eye out for a used FJ but this is a slow time of the year (and I'm about to leave the country for 3 weeks) but I've been thinking of just picking up a '17 when they come out because I'd like the new clutch features and I really like the white. Still, I can save a few grand by getting a leftover '15 or '16 so I'm doing the justification dance in my head.

According to Yamaha's site, on the '17 model they added the slipper/assist clutch and additional TCS settings. Is anyone aware of anything else that may have changed like an updated CCT (maybe they did that in '16?). It seems like at some point I read that there was another minor change (outside of color) that I found interesting (this was a month or so ago) and I'll be damned if I can remember and/or find what that was. Other than Yamaha's site, there's very little Google pulls up on changes as there aren't any '17 ride reviews that I could find. 
I've had my eye out for a used FJ but this is a slow time of the year (and I'm about to leave the country for 3 weeks) but I've been thinking of just picking up a '17 when they come out because I'd like the new clutch features and I really like the white. Still, I can save a few grand by getting a leftover '15 or '16 so I'm doing the justification dance in my head.

2017's get more fork adjustment. Left leg is compression & right leg is rebound. 

• Supporting Member
I've been thinking of just picking up a '17 when they come out because I'd like the new clutch features and I really like the white. Still, I can save a few grand by getting a leftover '15 or '16 so I'm doing the justification dance in my head.
Between the assist/slipper clutch, adjustable forks and the white color, I would be really tempted to spend the extra $$$ for the '17 model if I didn't just get my '15 right before Christmas.  In the end, the cost savings won me over and I spent the difference that I saved on suspension upgrades, ECU flash and seats. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2017's get more fork adjustment. Left leg is compression & right leg is rebound.
Fantastic. I saw that announcement for the FZ, but can't find documentation for the FJ getting compression adjustment on the fork. Right now the Yamaha web site mentions 2017 changes as slipper clutch and traction control.
1980 Yamaha 850 Triple (sold). Too many bikes to list, FJ-09 is next on my list

• Premium Member

I love the bike in white. If I was on the market, the color might be worth the price difference between a '17 and a leftover one. 

Need to correct my error above about forks on 2017 FJ-09. Forks appear to be the same as 2015-16 models. The 2017 FZ-09 does get (improved?) adjustability with rebound adj. in right fork & compression adj. in left fork. 

Archived