• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Fuel pump

• Supporting Member
Thanks for the information. I understand wanting the best price but that isn't always the best fix . I am not able to do the work myself and I have bought several bikes from this shop and dealt with them since 1988. They race and have excellent mechanics that are very accommodating and can fix ANYTHING right the first time.
There's something to be said about having a good relationship with a quality dealership.  The local Yamaha dealer is 6 miles away and I have been a regular customer for over 10 years.  I am in there once a week and know all of them by name.  They are well aware that I can often find parts cheaper online yet I still order through them when I can and when I need service, they ALWAYS fit me in no matter how busy they are.  I will gladly pay a little more ordering parts through them knowing they will take care of me when I need it.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
"Retail on the pump assembly is $374.11. " not from the link I posted.
Retail is what most B&M dealers will charge. I'm aware and quite pleased that Babbitt's and others online discount parts deeply from retail but I don't expect that discount at a B&M dealer. Many such discounters will show you retail and the discounted price together to make you feel better about your purchase. Eg 

Untitled.png

I've always said something is worth exactly as much as you can get someone to pay for it.

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member
I have had good luck by writing the part number down on piece of paper along with the price and online seller. When I give it to the parts guy at my local dealer he's been matching the price. His response was since I saved him the time of looking up the part number he would go ahead and match it. Bonus I avoid having to pay shipping.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

Archived