Engine cuts of when revving

If there is similar post please move it or delete.

Last week I picked up my Tracer and got around 300 KM on clock. Today I revved it to 3-4k rpm on spot while not moving and engine cuts off. I was in first gear and then put it in neutral and it didn't happend. I can start it again normaly after cut off. And I can turn engine on only in neutral. Any other gear cluch pulled or not I cant turn it on. I haven't read anywhere that only startin option is neutral. I suppose it's not normal behavior?

If there is similar post please move it or delete. 
Last week I picked up my Tracer and got around 300 KM on clock. Today I revved it to 3-4k rpm on spot while not moving and engine cuts off. I was in first gear and then put it in neutral and it didn't happend. I can start it again normaly after cut off. And I can turn engine on only in neutral. Any other gear cluch pulled or not I cant turn it on. I haven't read anywhere that only startin option is neutral. I suppose it's not normal behavior?

Sounds like an issue with the side stand switch.. take it back to the dealer if it's under warranty.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Yes, problem was clutch switch connector. I went out to check it and it was 3/4 out. Just pushed it back till it clicked and everything is OK. I can revv it no problem and it starts all gears in  :) . They said to me that for new bikes seller is connecting after delivery all those cables and it's not  first time they didn't connect it completely. 

• Supporting Member
@prepa - Glad to hear it was an easy fix!  I commend you for not freaking out about it, and taking a minor dealer set-up issue in stride...  Of course, I owned a Ducati back in the day when small electrical fires were just considered a minor inconvenience, so my perspective on such things may not be quite balanced.

Regardless, you may now get on with enjoying a fun & reliable motorcycle.

Archived