Help with Givi TN2122 crash bar installation

prn

• Supporting Member

@andz- I know my left side TN2122s needed some persuasion to line up properly but it was not that far out.  I just needed to apply a little more muscle pushing the bars forward to get the engine bolt started and it was away after that.

I'd wondered if mine had received some abuse in packaging/transport to knock it a little out of alignment but yours does look way out!  Might be a returner as suggested unless you feel comfortable bending things into shape - if they appear to be bent out of shape in the first place of course.

On 7/19/2021 at 5:46 AM, dazzler24 said:

@andz- I know my left side TN2122s needed some persuasion to line up properly but it was not that far out.  I just needed to apply a little more muscle pushing the bars forward to get the engine bolt started and it was away after that.

I'd wondered if mine had received some abuse in packaging/transport to knock it a little out of alignment but yours does look way out!  Might be a returner as suggested unless you feel comfortable bending things into shape - if they appear to be bent out of shape in the first place of course.

They look perfect apart from the fact that they don't fit.

The dealer where I bought them is fetching my bike and the bars tomorrow, they said they can claim from Givi but they need to say that they were fitted by a qualified tech so they will probably put the bike in the workshop and say "well that's not right".

• Thumbsup 1

So, the dealer collected the bike this morning and within an hour called me to tell me the bars are fitted.

They said there was a spacer buried in the packaging that I had missed although I had everything that is in the instructions neatly laid out on the bench and nothing was missing.

The fitting instructions really are garbage, the spacer isn't on any of the pictures either.

I also got a mouthful about all the chain wax and gunk buildup at the front sprocket 😳

Edited by andz
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member
On 7/21/2021 at 8:55 PM, andz said:

They said there was a spacer buried in the packaging that I had missed although I had everything that is in the instructions neatly laid out on the bench and nothing was missing.

The fitting instructions really are garbage, the spacer isn't on any of the pictures either.

Here are some extracts from my 2015 TN2122 instructions.  They show that there are spacers included as part of the install.  Are the 2017s different?

image.thumb.png.f743ecf7e40176a7ae9f77792bda40b3.png

image.thumb.png.15b5e086b86f1ea23f62b28d6ada72fc.png

5 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Here are some extracts from my 2015 TN2122 instructions.  They show that there are spacers included as part of the install.  Are the 2017s different?

image.thumb.png.f743ecf7e40176a7ae9f77792bda40b3.png

image.thumb.png.15b5e086b86f1ea23f62b28d6ada72fc.png

Those are exactly the same instructions and parts that I have.

I will see what was missing when I fetch the bike tomorrow.