Sold fj09 for a BMW gs adventure

Last Friday I traded in my fj09 for a 17 BMW 1200gs adventure. I am very happy with the new bike other than the price tag but miss the nimbleness of the fj09 and sport bike appeal. I owned the fj for just over two years and put 20000 miles on her and other than a chain and sprocket set and a set of wheel bearing due to salt water she was very worry free. Thank you for all the information and support on this wonderful machine.
Ps I have all the givi luggage and Corbin seat and two brothers exhaust in my basement pm if interested. Thanks again c9104f2826d82130f65317bc2461d5a3.jpg9d258aaf8bd7c944cccc20d750473c7e.jpg

Also curious why you made the move.

I really like my FJ09 but suffer from SNBS (shiney new bike syndrome) and am always looking. I recently test rode both an R1200RS and an R1200GSA and came away quite impressed.

As to the poster asking about the Corbin seat, I have been hugely impressed with mine on the FJ09. It is comfy and easy to move around on (at least back and forth). It locks securely in position with no slop (unlike the stock seat). As for downsides, the way it is shaped makes it more difficult to hang off the bike, but that's not how I ride my FJ.

The reason why I made the move personally is lack of control when fully loaded. I loaded the fj down way past the capacity to have everything we needed to go diving and be on the rode weeks at a time with a SPOUSE. The BMW is way more stable fully load d and doesn't have the tendency to wheelie when you sneeze on the throttle. If I rode by myself I would of definitely kept the fj09 but as we have gotten more into cross country traveling she no longer fit the bill. As for the Corbin seat it is hard and keeps you in place, but is light years more comfortable than the stock seat which after 30min I found my way to the plastic base pan of the seat. The two brothers does retain the center stand and is very aggressive sounding and makes the audible note of the three cylinders sing with joy.

Totally understand why you would transition to the Beemer, especially in light of your 2-up/loaded touring. I sold a KTM 1290 SA to get the FJ and really enjoy the lighter-smaller more nimble bike. But I never ride 2-up either. Recently rode a new GS....it's an awesome bike, congrats!

Archived