From Arrow to XSR900 'stealth' exhaust

doug5k

image.jpgimage.jpg

After 4000km on an Arrow full system, I decided to revert back to 'stealth mode'. However rather than the standard system, I liked the look of the black XRS900 system.  They're a dime a dozen ($75) on line, so did the deal.  I got Kevxtx to reflash my ECU for the standard exhaust (with CAT) and fitted one of Kev's O2 units to keep it smooth and happy.  The bike's running like a dream, and any power loss compared with the Arrow wasn't noticeable. I think the black XRS pipes look excellent on the matt grey bike. 

• Supporting Member
The exhaust looks good, I like it better than the stainless steel look on a dark bike. Where did you get the bronze colored rims? are they stock on European models? I like how they match the engine bits.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

does the center stand fit with that exhaust? It looks like yopu do not have one on but it's a bit difficult to make out.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

does the center stand fit with that exhaust? It looks like yopu do not have one on but it's a bit difficult to make out.
He has his center stand on...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Hi docsimple
To fit the XRS exhaust I had to cut the lower shroud bracket off the muffler body and trim the end of the shroud to clear the centre stand and rubber stopper.  Other than that it was a direct fit. I had read that the FZ09 exhaust rear brackets were slightly out of line for the Tracer, so anticipated the XSR may have the same issue however that wasn't the case.  

Hi piotrek
Kev's original Arrow flash had the closed loop turned off, but to protect the cat, it needed to be turned back on (mixture too rich for the cat). All of the other changes to the ECU remained (speed restriction removed, fan temp setting, 10% throttle on close, etc). The O2 controller was fitted to smooth out the open / closed loop transition due to the reset of the ECU setting. I'm no expert in engine control systems, but the bike runs as strongly and as smoothly with the stock XSR pipe (with Kev's tweaks) as it did with the Arrow. 

Archived