• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Looking for Pictures of Givi Side Case Mounts

vinnie

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could post some pictures of their Givi side case mounts on their FJ09. I am going to try and make my own for pelican cases, and I would like to reference some pictures before I go and design something. I can't find many clear pictures online. I am especially interested in seeing how they mount up without interfering with the rear brake fluid reservoir, on the right side of the bike; it seems that the Shad 3p system uses a standoff to get around that.

Any and all pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I've installed Pelican Air 1525 cases on both sides with Givi PLR2122 Rapid Release mounts. I also installed a smaller Pelican Air 1485 case as a top case on a cheap Carriel Luggage Rack I got on Amazon. (I powder coated that rack satin black to match the rest of the bike..)

I removed the factory hardware on the Givi side racks and used the 4 leftover holes in each rack to screw through my 1525 cases. I also added 6 stainless steel zip ties to secure everything together. The racks are permanently fixed to the cases but I can remove everything very easily using the Givi quick release key. The racks are oddly placed behind the cases on purpose. I wanted the cases to follow the bike's flow instead of being horizontal like the Trekker.

The top 1485 case is held to the rack with 4 1/4 bolts and wing nuts inside the case. The cases look big on the pictures but they aren't. The total width of the bike is about 28" with the side cases on. Here are some pictures for you, hope that helps:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Premium Member
What tail back setup is that?  Looks like it has a pad for a pillion rider as well? 
Matt

It's the OEM tail (FJ-09 Rear Rack/ Top Case Mount) with an old MotoCentric tank bag on it.  Bungied on.  Definitely not a safe backrest.  That bump is actually a sunglasses pocket :)

https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/details/fj-09-rear-rack-top-case-mount?b=Street+Motorcycle&d=28|28&f=2015|235&dealernumber=

• Premium Member
Looks like FrankQC hails out of the Canadian arm of the Zombie Outbreak Response Unit.  

I've been wondering about the origin of that theme, but it's probably off-topic  ::)
Personally I'm big fan of zombie books and movies.  Every bike of mine has had a theme.  My 2006 Katana has the theme Serenity. 

What tail back setup is that?  Looks like it has a pad for a pillion rider as well? 
Matt

It's the OEM tail (FJ-09 Rear Rack/ Top Case Mount) with an old MotoCentric tank bag on it.  Bungied on.  Definitely not a safe backrest.  That bump is actually a sunglasses pocket :) 
https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/details/fj-09-rear-rack-top-case-mount?b=Street+Motorcycle&d=28|28&f=2015|235&dealernumber=

Gonna this project as well soon right after we finished installing these Moto metal wheels on the current truck project. Will check out that rack later. 

Personally I'm big fan of zombie books and movies. 

Yeah but you know they are real and they are everywhere right ? The world needs people like us to fight and get rid of them on a daily basis... At least that's what I tell my GF everytime I go out for a ride  8-)

• 5 weeks later...

Archived