Hesitation in B mode at low speed acceleration.

wess88

I have recently noticed this (I don't ride in B mode often):

Only time I ever use B  mode is in parking lot or traffic jam... since I have very good work hours I'm almost never in a traffic jam.

However, I have noticed the last two times I went into B mode, accelerating from standstill or super slow speed, it hesitated, not quite stalling but not accelerating either.

Switching to Std or A mode completely eliminates the problem.  So I don't think it is temperature related (although I do think both times the engine was cold)

I just saw another post regarding '94' gas which I am using and not sure if it is related....

Anyone else have experience with this?

I may test again in a couple of days after warming up... unfortunately I won't see my bike til Friday!

• Premium Member
"B" mode? Never heard of it...... :D

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

It sounds like the well known fuelling issue when the ECU switches from closed-loop map to open-loop map at low throttle openings. You can ride around it, fit a ECU fooling device (sometimes called a Kev mod) or get the ECU flashed.

I have the Kev mod which is a plug in device that alters the voltage from the lamda sensor so the fuelling is smoother. It has pretty much eliminated the symptom you described.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

How many miles on the bike and what year is it? It could be related to gas you use. Have you added any kind of ECU reflash or other mods to engine or electronics? Did or does your bike have the snatchy throttle syndrome when new? Have the throttle bodies be synched? Here are my guess of things to check. Run some fuel injection cleaner to ensure a fuel injector is not getting a little clogged, adjust the acceleration position sensor by increasing the numbers on the dash gauge a one or two values. There is a good thread on that, but most guys have decreased the number on the dash gauge to reduce snatchy throttle. Sometimes, carbon and dirt build up in the throttle body around the throttle plate and need to be cleaned off, but that usually takes 60,000 miles or more to build up like that. I would be checking these basic things before spending money on add-ons that may only cover up the problem.

How many miles on the bike and what year is it? It could be related to gas you use. Have you added any kind of ECU reflash or other mods to engine or electronics? Did or does your bike have the snatchy throttle syndrome when new? Have the throttle bodies be synched? Here are my guess of things to check. Run some fuel injection cleaner to ensure a fuel injector is not getting a little clogged, adjust the acceleration position sensor by increasing the numbers on the dash gauge a one or two values. There is a good thread on that, but most guys have decreased the number on the dash gauge to reduce snatchy throttle. Sometimes, carbon and dirt build up in the throttle body around the throttle plate and need to be cleaned off, but that usually takes 60,000 miles or more to build up like that. I would be checking these basic things before spending money on add-ons that may only cover up the problem.
Thanks for the reply: 
I have under 10k Miles, its a 2015, my ECU has been reflashed, has k&N and modded stock exhaust (reflash was suppose to be for this setup) 
in std mode the throttle response is spot on
A is, well, A mode, and it works great when I'm late for work (or at least thats my excuse regardless XD)

I had to tighten my throttle cable at the adjuster near the dash board... problem is 80% eliminated but I gotta remind myself its not a true cable all the way to the throttle body slide like in a carburetor but rather its "ride by wire"... In A mode for me its more noticeable since its a hair trigger race tune basically when the RPMS are under 5k...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived