• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Hello from Florida

ray88

After a long time of lurking around I finally (sort of) got myself an FJ-09.  I'm just waiting for this Hurricane to pass so I can finally pick it up. That's assuming it doesn't go floating away.  After a ton of searching on craigslist and cycletrader I ended up getting a used 2015 from a dealer.  I did see a 2016 with fewer miles for a few hundred cheaper but the bike I got came with a bunch of extras while the other was stock.  This bike came with a full akrapovic, givi crash bars, corbin seat (as well as the stock) and an SW motech quick lock evo tank bag.  I figured all that stuff is worth more than a few hundred and it also saves me the trouble of having to buy and install them myself since I would've ended buying most of them myself if I had gotten a stock bike.

Ray88, it's early morning hear in the UK and i'm watching the morning news as i type, the hurricane heading your way has some devastating power, i wish you luck in the coming days ....... and welcome, the fj is a great bike.

• Premium Member
Welcome! Where about in Florida? I'm in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Ray88, it's early morning hear in the UK and i'm watching the morning news as i type, the hurricane heading your way has some devastating power, i wish you luck in the coming days ....... and welcome, the fj is a great bike.
...second that expression of luck in coming days!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
I'm on the west coast.  On the border of Pasco and Pinellas.  Pretty much where they expect the Hurricane to go right through.
Stay safe, I'd hate to see you get buy the new bike and then get hit by a hurricane :)

• Premium Member
I'm on the west coast.  On the border of Pasco and Pinellas.  Pretty much where they expect the Hurricane to go right through.
Good luck buddy. I hope you took your preps seriously. 
I've been deployed to a couple of hurricanes. The aftermath is no fun..... 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Good luck buddy. I hope you took your preps seriously. 
I've been deployed to a couple of hurricanes. The aftermath is no fun..... 

Oh, I did.  I've lived here most my life so I've been through it before.  Windows boarded, doors sealed and I'm lucky enough that my house is on top of a hill.  Even with all that we still left the area.

Archived