Weekend Through The Algonquin

piotrek

• Supporting Member
Our fellow forum member @urbannomad (just down the road from me) and I went on a nice 2 day 1,100km scoot through the Muskokas and the Algonquin Park last weekend. We have been blessed with incredible weather this last two weeks. Best of all... my back is all healed and feels fine after this ride (thanks to the bar risers). I'm thinking we should plan another one or two... before the season winds down. Some photos from the trip...

Penetanguishene Marina... my family camps in the area every year.

penetang1.jpg

Stop-over at Mary's Lakeside Grill in the Muskokas... unassuming and quaint, perfectly relaxing lunch stop.

marys1.jpg

marys2.jpg

Algonquin Park... Portage Store and beautiful scenery.

portage1.jpg

algonquin1.jpg

Barry's Bay... home area of the Avro Arrow's test pilot Janusz Zurakowski. Gorgeous craft... nation denied.

arrow1.jpg

Rocky Mountain House in Renfrew... sketchy, but convenient... with a restaurant and a pub :) .

rmh1.jpg

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

We've just booked our first family trip to Canada next summer @piotrek and we're staying near Algonquin park. Really looking forward to it.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I'm heading up that way next week for 5 days of riding, starting off in Barry's Bay and then working my way over to the Muskoka's. I really like riding this time of year but it has been a tad too warm as of late so I am really hoping for cooler and hopefully dry weather next week.

Nice jaunt Gents, glad to hear you had a good ride. the Muskoka's, the Haliburton Highlands, the Kawartha's and south east of Algonquin offer some great riding opportunities.

Cheers

• 6 months later...

Archived