Yamaha comfort seat, opinions?

I have no direct experience of it, but have only read poor reviews.
From a quick look at one in the dealership, it appears and feels identical to the stock seat apart from some extra stitching.   But correct me if I'm wrong...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I have one for my FZ-07 and it was a better seat than OEM but it makes for a nice comfy race day seat... the foam is denser on the outside edge but still uses stock foam in a "trench" right in the middle...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member
My used FJ came with the Yamaha Comfort seat on it and I've never ridden the stocker (save for a couple of short-ish test rides at a dealership) so can't fairly compare between the two but will say that I find the Comfort version adequate for day riding but less so for multi-day touring. After a 10-day jaunt this summer, my sit bones were sore for weeks. Hence, my interest in the Bagster that @wordsmith lovingly endorses.

i have a friend who has and fJ with a comfort seat and have ridden his bike twice.      Do remember that I still have the stock seat on my bike at 21k.
My thought is that the comfort seat is firmer and a bit taller than stock. I liked it.

Steve

I tried one before the Corbin Seat came out. The comfort seat is the same size as the original. The padding is a little denser and the texture of the seat covering is different. With the stock I could ride 1/2 hour then I would start to get uncomfortable. The Comfort Seat would double that time. I went with the Corbin seat and sold the stock and comfort seat to offset the high cost of the Corbin. Hope this helps. 

Archived