Givi V35 or Shad SH36?

Guest kernowjim

I have SH36's... they are great. Full face helmet easily. I think they match the look of the bike much better than the GIVI's, but that is totally subjective. Also the mounting hardware for the SHAD's are less obtrusive when the cases aren't installed.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
I have SH36's... they are great. Full face helmet easily. I think they match the look of the bike much better than the GIVI's, but that is totally subjective. Also the mounting hardware for the SHAD's are less obtrusive when the cases aren't installed.
+1 on everything @duhs10 said

• Supporting Member
And I can confirm that the Shad bags are waterproof as well. We got stuck in a flash-flood level downpour while riding across Nevada this summer, and there was not a drop of water inside the Shad bags.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

@kernowjim The only complaint I've see about the SHAD is that the are wide... but if you want cases that hold a full face helmet, there's not much you can do about that.

Another good option is to find some used FJR cases.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Agree about the Shads. I have the Shad and my wife has a larger Givi. Although both are good products, the Givi has an odd locking mechanism. The Givi will not engage without locking it. This means if you close a top case without locking, it can fly open while riding. The Shad will engage without locking making it more convenient for long rides when you want to get into it repeatedly without messing with a key.

Guest kernowjim
I agree the width of the Shad's concerned me a bit and the Givi V35/Kappa K33's do look a bit neater.  It's imperative that I can fit my helmet in the case though as I have no intention of getting a top case yet.  One good thing in the Givi's favour is that with the brackets removed, the bike looks completely uncluttered....decisions decisions!

• Premium Member
I have the Shad 36 side cases and the 39 top case.  Putting a full helmet in the side cases are a squeeze.  My wife and I both have Arai Defiant Full Face helmets with Sena 20s installed.  Mine is a Large size and does not fit in the 36's, my wife has a smaller size and it does, but ya' gotta fiddle to find the exact angle.  My 39 top case takes a full helmet easily if it is empty, but if you have anything else back there you are have to reorganize things to put it inside the helmet or pressed to the sides, kind of an inconvenience.  

Archived