• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Shad SH36 Side Cases - 3K Miles In

Hey @duhs10 I just looked inside my SH36 and I think you’re right. You’ll have to undo the 6 star torx screws and remove the inner surround to resecure the strap. Good luck with that!! A four hands job I reckon.

Or..... ignore it. I don’t use the straps myself anyway.

EDIT: I see you’ve fixed it 

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@piotrek not sure where your response to my question went... but I was able to get the strap back in it's location (from what I can tell) by loosening the bolts holding the outer ring and using some auto trim tools to pry and push.. time will tell how successful I was.
Any idea how it came out? Did you snag it hard or did it kinda slither out somehow?
I was just pulling over my helmet the other day and it just let go.. I guess the angle and force was just right.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 2 weeks later...
Ordered the Shad SH36 side cases today and ordered the 3P mounting system from a separate place. Stock is low at many places. Looking forward to using these on a 3 day trip around Georgian Bay here in Ontario in June called, you guessed it...
the Georgian Bay Run smiley.png
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

Installed. Will give some feedback probably if I use them before, during or after my 3 day trip in June.
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

• 3 months later...

Archived