Is there anyone out there from the Sacramento, CA area?

fuzzybob8

I ended up picking up a GSXR 600 for a dedicated trackbike. Not because I was afraid the FJ wouldn't perform well, but because the perfect deal showed up and I couldn't refuse. @Norcal616 has done a TD on his FJ though.

What kind of build do you want? There are loads of engine builders on the west coast.

'15 FJ09

quite a few of us have done a TRACK DAY on the FJ-09... granted your not gonna be putting your chin where the mirrors used to go on a crotch rocket type of deal... it will keep up with plenty of bikes on the track, its a 900 triple that that loves to spin rpms... the FJ-09 is way more sport bike like than you think just by looking at the FJ-09...

these stock CP3 motors are getting bolt on turbos kits cracking 200+hp to the wheel without going into the motor and swapping out parts...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
...the FJ-09 is way more sport bike like than you think just by looking at the FJ-09...
^^ This. At anything up to a truly irresponsible pace, I actually think I’m quicker on the street riding my FJ than I am my Aprilia Mille R.

On the build - to me, there seems to be some clean up that can be done... I have raced go-karts all my life and have built competitive race motors in the garage (obviously they are single cylinder).
Although I am not complaining, a KT Yamaha (for karting application) needs to have the crank balanced, bearing pockets aligned and matched to the barrel just to get it to the track.
I can feel in the FJ that it doesnt blend well under 5k rpm, but starts to smooth out after 5 (i don't have 1k on mine yet so we aren't going to rev it past 6k until i get the 1k on it).
So i guess what i am looking for is some one to balance the motor and clean up the intake and exhaust ports. 

On the build - to me, there seems to be some clean up that can be done... I have raced go-karts all my life and have built competitive race motors in the garage (obviously they are single cylinder). Although I am not complaining, a KT Yamaha (for karting application) needs to have the crank balanced, bearing pockets aligned and matched to the barrel just to get it to the track.
I can feel in the FJ that it doesnt blend well under 5k rpm, but starts to smooth out after 5 (i don't have 1k on mine yet so we aren't going to rev it past 6k until i get the 1k on it).
So i guess what i am looking for is some one to balance the motor and clean up the intake and exhaust ports. 

Get it reflashed by 2WDW first, that's gonna smooth everything out a lot.

'15 FJ09

Archived