Hey! FZ-07 riders want to ride with you!

While this forum software does not allow the use of the member map that I have, and the conversion to the right forum software is taking a while, we do have a member map on the FZ-07 forum.

Peeps on the FZ-07 forum want you guys to come join and place a marker on our member map. That way, if someone lives close to you, they can send you a pm in that forum and invite you to ride with them. When they send you a pm, the forum would send you an email.

So, come join my FZ-07 forum located at https://fz07.org/

You join, the forum sends you an email that you must click on the link to verify.

Then, in the top right of the fz-07 forum, click on "member map" and then place a marker. I advise just typing in your city instead of letting the software find your address, because sometimes it really finds your address, lol.

We all ride Yamaha's , so come join, place a pin on the Map and find more people to ride with this spring!! We have members on the map from all over the world!

You're doing this wrong, @admin. Send 20 business cards to every Yam dealer highlighitng the forum URL and bikes covered. A quick 1-liner about it being free and the best model0-specific forum on the planet. And sweet-talk the sales manager into stapling the card to the top of every FZ07/9 sales receipt that the purchaser receives.

Dealers won’t do that. Not even my local dealers are interested. They don’t do anything that doesn’t make them money.
Besides, this isn’t a membership drive, the fz07 forum is already bigger than this forum.

Did you read the first post? This is because peeps on that forum are wanting more people to post a pin on the member map there so they can have more people to ride with. That’s all.

Dealers won’t do that. Not even my local dealers are interested. They don’t do anything that doesn’t make them money. Besides, this isn’t a membership drive, the fz07 forum is already bigger than this forum.

Did you read the first post? This is because peeps on that forum are wanting more people to post a pin on the member map there so they can have more people to ride with. That’s all.
You have more members, but do you have more riders on FZ07 vs FJ09's?  I don't know how you would be able to figure that out and so maybe you can't answer the Question.  No problem, I was just curious. 

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Sorry I forgot the smiley and wasn't clear. The push-pin maps shouldn't be tied to a particular forum. Use SSO/federated and host it on Bing/Google. Asking people on a FJ09 forum to sign up on FZ07 (an implicit membership drive) to update a map is the wrong way to do this and not likely to get much response.

I don't know what percentage of model-specific owners have signed up for either of the boards but I'm guessing it's well under 0.1%. I mentioned the business card thing as a way to perhaps improve that metric. Even old fuddy-duddies are on FB (god help us) so I reckon people find these forums that way, if not thru a Google search.

Archived