Stock seat latch availability

I do not see the seat latch mechanism bolted to the rear of our OEM  drivers seat listed on the online parts fiche. Anyone know the part number or how to get an extra one? I want to put one on my Sargent seat as I switch between it and the OEM. Thanks
Oh man. Called the Dealer. Not available without buying the seat itself. My knee jerk reaction...I'll never buy another Yamaha again (lol). Every single other piece of the latching apparatus is available.

• Supporting Member
I want to put one on my Sargent seat as I switch between it and the OEM. Thanks Oh man. Called the Dealer. Not available without buying the seat itself. My knee jerk reaction...I'll never buy another Yamaha again (lol). Every single other piece of the latching apparatus is available.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to switch back and forth between the two seats?  Could you simply move the mechanism between the two seats? 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I do not see the seat latch mechanism bolted to the rear of our OEM  drivers seat listed on the online parts fiche. Anyone know the part number or how to get an extra one? I want to put one on my Sargent seat as I switch between it and the OEM. Thanks Oh man. Called the Dealer. Not available without buying the seat itself. My knee jerk reaction...I'll never buy another Yamaha again (lol). Every single other piece of the latching apparatus is available.

Put a wanted add in the want adds section of this forum and see if you can pick up a front seat complete. I picked mine up for cheap and got a custom saddle made. 
Cheers

I want to put one on my Sargent seat as I switch between it and the OEM. Thanks Oh man. Called the Dealer. Not available without buying the seat itself. My knee jerk reaction...I'll never buy another Yamaha again (lol). Every single other piece of the latching apparatus is available.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to switch back and forth between the two seats?  Could you simply move the mechanism between the two seats?
I switch between the two seats mainly because they feel entirely different. The stock seat puts me in a much sportier position now that I added risers. Just how it works for me. The Sargent is narrower toward the front and somehow adding risers I find myself shifting around trying to get a proper ergo position. I'm experiencing stress to my lower back that baffles me somewhat. I can switch the mechanism but would prefer to have one on each as I work through this minor seating dilemma. The Sargent has better foam. Might have Sargent re-foam and cover the OEM keeping the same shape. But no, not entirely necessary to have another latch.

Archived