• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

rear tire hugger

• Premium Member
I first fabricated my own extension out of some scrap ABS which was very long but as it tapered inline with the OEM fender width was a bit narrow. My extension lasted about 5k miles before fracturing off due to fatigue from a million cycles of road impact as a moment arm because it had no edge curvature to add stiffness (like the extension in the second above photo doesn't either).

Believe me the Pyramid extension runs rearward just as far as the rg-r to about the axle centerline. It does not however have quite the width as the rg-r, so about 90% of the coverage which is good enough for me at only 75% of the unspring weight including the oem fender. Going to a 520 chain and sprockets and a lighter tire cuts more unspring weight.

I'm loosing weight too but I'm spring weight LOL!

20180318_150328.jpg

wanna keep the rear shock clean, use a rear dirt bike cover cover...made of neoprene with velcro closure... I had one laying around...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member
I understand that manufacturers need to constantly cut costs anywhere they can to stay competitive
in the global powersports market but I have to wonder who was the genius that decided that motorcycles
didn't really need rear fenders anymore.
BLB

Archived