NW Oregon/ SW Washington riders...

lotlizard

• Premium Member
I'm definitely interested, but that'll be my first day home after a two week business trip. I've ridden many OR250s and they're fun, but I probably need to skip it this time around.

I'm definitely interested, but that'll be my first day home after a two week business trip. I've ridden many OR250s and they're fun, but I probably need to skip it this time around.

No worries. Looks like the weather is going to be half shitty anyways. I signed up last weekend so I'm not going to lose 15 bucks because of some rain. This will be my first one. Where were the checkpoints in the past runs?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
They've been all over. I've done OR250s that went east through the Gorge, various loops around the Willamette Valley, some coast runs. They do a nice job of picking interesting routes.

Did you ride it? Where did you go?

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah it was fun, minus the downpour the whole time. Got a true test of the michelin road 5s. They passed my test for wet weather. Went from Beaverton to banks, down to yamhill, mcminville and Monmouth. Worked our way back up from there thru woodburn And back to Beaverton. Theres a 500 mile run on may 12 I'm probably going to do if your interested...

• Supporting Member
Yeah it was fun, minus the downpour the whole time.
Hmm... what part of this equation doesn't add up?  :P 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Yeah it was fun, minus the downpour the whole time.
Hmm... what part of this equation doesn't add up?  tongue.png
I have great rain gear except the boots. I stayed dry minus the soaked feet. And first time riding in wet weather. It was interesting....

• Supporting Member
I have great rain gear except the boots. I stayed dry minus the soaked feet. And first time riding in wet weather. It was interesting....
Oh, I have rain gear as well, but I HATE riding in the rain. Limited visibility, limited stopping distance, limited traction, limited corner speed and lean angles... and then the bike is filthy covered in road wash and debris.  
I don’t commute, I ride only for fun.  If it’s pouring rain, I’ll stay at home and watch Netflix. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

If compelled to ride in rain - as, f'rinstance, while on a long trip - I'd pull a thin grocery-type plastic bag over each sock-clad foot, THEN put the boots on.   
Works every time to such an extent that a few of the plastic bags were always in my luggage when away from home.   Doesn't matter (too much) if the boots get soaked so long as the feet stay dry.   Try it.
  • Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
Alright maybe on the next one. Where are you located?
I'm in Albany. Unfortunately I travel a lot for work currently and all the cool riding events always seem to conflict with my travel schedule.

If compelled to ride in rain - as, f'rinstance, while on a long trip - I'd pull a thin grocery-type plastic bag over each sock-clad foot, THEN put the boots on.   
Works every time to such an extent that a few of the plastic bags were always in my luggage when away from home.   Doesn't matter (too much) if the boots get soaked so long as the feet stay dry.   Try it.
That's genius yet so simple. I'll try it next time... 

Alright maybe on the next one. Where are you located?
I'm in Albany. Unfortunately I travel a lot for work currently and all the cool riding events always seem to conflict with my travel schedule.
Ah gotcha, there will be plenty more in the future. I'll keep posting the ones I go to on the forum and hopefully you can make one

• 11 months later...