• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What kind of brake pads r OEM?

kdimitris

Hi to all of you guys!
Like title says, doe's anyone know for sure, what type of brake pads fj wear? Organic or semi sintered?
Mine almost finish and i wanna change them with aftermarket pads but with same materials.
Thanks in advance!

P.S. If post it @ wrong place, please admin remove it!

Sintered metallic.

A couple thousand miles ago replaced my front pads with Vesrah ZD-248CT (sintered metal pads for street applications) from kurveygirl.com (tell Julie I sent you and she'll charge you double). They aren't the least expensive but they are fantastic IMO.

Sintered metallic. 
A couple thousand miles ago replaced my front pads with Vesrah ZD-248CT (sintered metal pads for street applications) from kurveygirl.com (tell Julie I sent you and she'll charge you double). They aren't the least expensive but they are fantastic IMO.

Chitown thanks for the reply!!!
Are you sure about that brake pads from factory are sintered metallic?
Frond and rear?
Because they are finish to soon i think (well, the rear must changed, frond end they have little more to eat...)
I have (only) 18k Km on the dash.

You can run whatever you want, so long as they fit. Most people tend towards full sintered metallic all around for "best" performance. Personally I'm curious to try Vortex brake pads. But since you're across the pond, Galfer would be your best bet.

'15 FJ09

Sintered metallic. 

Chitown thanks for the reply!!! Are you sure about that brake pads from factory are sintered metallic?
Frond and rear?
Because they are finish to soon i think (well, the rear must changed, frond end they have little more to eat...)
I have (only) 18k Km on the dash.
18k Km seems low. On this bike the pads still had some life at 24k but decided to go ahead and replace. After doing lines, fluid, and pads braking performance is finally where I like it. 

Nearly all street bike oem pads (and most aftermarket pads) at this point are sintered metallic using primarily copper. They are the everyday workhorse of pads because they're generally long-lasting, can handle a good range of easy to aggressive braking, and are relatively inexpensive. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived