TK-421

cuff

Hello and thanks for having me,
Figured I'd complete the customary first post in the introduction thread and say hi.  New to this bike, Yamaha (Kawi for the last 10 years) and 3 cylinders so this ride should be a fun discovery for me.
Just came off a 2006 ZX-14 that I rode year round here in the Fraser Valley of B.C. Canada.  Was a lot of fun putting over 100,000 kilometers on her but it was time to slow down.
I was looking for something like my old Versys 650 but with more power and little bit bigger.  I'm 6'-3" so I tend to make all bikes look and feel small.  Took a look at the 1000 Versys but my dealer had this 2017 FJ-09 at a price I couldn't say no to. 
I don't usually buy bikes without riding them but just sitting on the bike I knew any issues could be worked around and we signed the papers.  Having a wife there with me saying "that's your bike, buy it" didn't help either.  lol great girl. 
So, the modding has already begun with the bar end mirrors and a homemade small windscreen waiting for carbon wrap (not pictured).  Fog lights and power relay in, levers, grip heaters, steering damper, mirror delete bolts, frame sliders, rim tape are on the way.
Currently negotiating on ebay with a nice Chinese fellow for a full exhaust that I can work with to make fit.  Cheap, yes.  Ok manufacturing, meh, but for a low cost I can always take it off later with little cost and p.i.t.a.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to putting lots of miles on this ride for years to come.  Also, I'll get out the good camera and post some nice pics in the picture thread later.
Cheers.

I57_RFND.jpgd9gc5_XJ.jpgJz_YTLMJ.jpgrgp0_Wbd.jpg

• Premium Member
Why aren't you at your post?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Welcome from Oregon! I've been to Chilliwack a couple of times for work, but never with the bike. Beautiful area! One of these days I will ride there.

Why aren't you at your post? 
Sorry, couldn't resist. Welcome from Oregon! I've been to Chilliwack a couple of times for work, but never with the bike. Beautiful area! One of these days I will ride there.
I fully hoped and expected that response. :-) Thanks for the welcome.  If you do bring the bike up this way there are some very nice roads to discover.

Archived