OEM quickshifter

what year is your bike and link to the QS in question... not all years of the FJ-09 have the ECU set up from factory to accept a Yamaha QS...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Hi, asking here because I hear different things. Fz09 oem quickshifter will fit on my fj? Direct fit no need to flash the ecu?
If you have a 2017 FJ, then, yes, the FZ/MT QSS QuickShifter will fit on your FJ. However, if your FJ is a pre-2017 model, then I believe the answer is "no".

My fj is a 2015 model.

nope...

2wdw has a QS shift kit available from FlashTune(same software used to flash ECU), you would need to send in ECU...

3-4 standalone QS available on market such as HealTec, Annitori, etc...

I used the QS from Woolich Racing as I had 2wdw tune my ECU with Woolich software...

My fj is a 2015 model.
nope...

2wdw has a QS shift kit available from FlashTune(same software used to flash ECU), you would need to send in ECU...

I used the QS from Woolich Racing as I had 2wdw tune my ECU with Woolich software...
Interesting I didn't realize 2wdw could flash in a quick shift. If I have a 2017 that is ready for the oem qs kit is that going to perform any better than the purely software version?
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

nope... 

Interesting I didn't realize 2wdw could flash in a quick shift. If I have a 2017 that is ready for the oem qs kit is that going to perform any better than the purely software version?
Both will perform better than you/me doing manual shifting... the diffrences between brands are usally the down to the default cut out times (you either get a clunky shift or butter smooth shift) and quality of parts used... 

Side note: Not all QS are equal...some allow only GP shift pattern, some allow both shift patterns, some QS work on both up/down shifts...

https://fj-09.org/thread/3315/flashtune-quickshifter-update for the pre 2017s

Thanks for the info @norcal616. I haven't flashed my ecu yet so the flashtune route is tempting.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

Thanks for the info @norcal616. I haven't flashed my ecu yet so the flashtune route is tempting.

dont be afraid to ask 2wdw for any questions... also you get a savings when you buy a tune+exhaust combo thru them... they also have other tuning software available... I recommend Woolich Racing software and the Woolich Race kit( QS that works on both up/down shifts and the ability to have LaunchControl ?) I even used this set up on my stock exhaust to verify/test the software out before I pulled the trigger on an exhaust...

• 4 weeks later...
I have what was labeled as an FZ oem quickshifter on my 2017 FJ. Works a charm. I use it most of the shifts above second gear and is a little inconsistent in quality of shift, but for the most part is quicker and smoother than my hands doing the work.

Archived