• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Adjustable footpegs/rearset

This isn’t any review..

I’m wondering if anyone have found and tried any adjustable footpegs with standard rearsets or adjustable rearsets? I’m 6’6-6’7 and have pretty long legs and I’d like to think that my riding position will benefit from footpegs with a lowered position. Have anyone here tried any aftermarket footpegs or rearsets that can be adjusted?

I'm assuming you already raised the seat to the max height? I've never heard of anyone lowering the rearsets/pegs and if you plan on doing any spirited riding I would not recommend it as it reduces ground clearance in the corners. Your best bet is to increase seat height. Take your seat to a local place and they can raise it a few inches for you. Once your seat it higher, you'll probably want to raise the handlebars as well. Unfortunately, bikes aren't made for people 6'6" and you will have to customize it to fit you.

Yes, I raised the seat first thing after I bought the bike. I’ve been looking at Yamahas original comfort seat, I’m not sure if that raises the seat height though.

I saw that Gilles have rearsets for the MT-09/FZ-09 which can be adjusted downwards, and backwards, which would be great. They are 490€ though, I was looking for something a bit cheaper, and thought if I could just install new footpegs with adjustment I could come away a bit cheaper.

Gilles adjustment guide:
35cf7bbc6ffd0ab3cd1ddbc6f9c153e4.jpeg

I'm also a long legged individual and close to your height at 6'5"+, with the corbin seat I am quite comfortable it gave me just enough leg room over the stock seat. There are some more inexpensive seat options I'm sure you could get yours right where you want it for half the price of adjustable pegs. The FJ is already set up pretty nicely for us tall boys compared to most bikes IMO, it was one of the main reasons I got the bike after sitting on quite a few.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

Suitedsevens: could you post some pictures of your seat? How much increase in seat height did the new seat provide?

Since I have the 2018 Tracer GT, there aren’t too many complete seats yet. The standard seat isn’t really comfortable for longer trips either, so it has to be replaced anyway.

I saw that gilles have a 20mm extension kit for their footpegs, looks very interesting;

https://www.gillestooling.com/products/footcontrols/rgk2-turning-joints/1954/rgk2-extension-kit-20-mm?number=RGK-A-20.s

• Premium Member

Archived