2019 TRACER GT (US)

azokie

Newby here and waiting for my ordered 2019 Tracer 900 GT to arrive at the Oklahoma dealer.  In the mean time, I am trying to locate US dealers that can order GIVI and MRA products to fit the 2019 US 900 GT model.  I am concerned that some of the 2018 Tracer GT products in Europe will not fit the 2019 US model because of some changes.  I have contacted GIVI in Italy and they do not know or are not saying.  Same for MRA.  Particularly the GIVI SR2139 mount for Givi Monokey top cases.  So for now, I expect USA 2019 900GT owners will just have to be satisfied with Yamaha products for the 2019 900 GT. However, I am hoping US 2019 owners will post here if they find aftermarket items available through US vendors for the 2019 900GT and I will do the same.

First, welcome.

Second - From everything I've read the US market has labeled the 2018 Tracer as a 2019. There was no 2018 tracer in the USA as you probably know already. Based on that I think the UK/Overseas models are the same as the 2019 USA models. I'll be ordering some 2018 parts fairly soon, specifically I think I'm going to give a black widow exhaust a try. I'll let you know if that mounts up correctly or not but from everything I've seen it looks like it should. Anything motor wise should probably be good, anything fairing, seat, shock, swingarm wise, probably not.

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

Newby here and waiting for my ordered 2019 Tracer 900 GT to arrive at the Oklahoma dealer.  In the mean time, I am trying to locate US dealers that can order GIVI and MRA products to fit the 2019 US 900 GT model.  I am concerned that some of the 2018 Tracer GT products in Europe will not fit the 2019 US model because of some changes.  I have contacted GIVI in Italy and they do not know or are not saying.  Same for MRA.  Particularly the GIVI SR2139 mount for Givi Monokey top cases.  So for now, I expect USA 2019 900GT owners will just have to be satisfied with Yamaha products for the 2019 900 GT. However, I am hoping US 2019 owners will post here if they find aftermarket items available through US vendors for the 2019 900GT and I will do the same. 

I received an e mail today from Noah smith at GIVI USA saying the Givi SR2139 is the correct monokey mount for Givi Monokey top cases for the US 2019 Tracer 900GT and he confirmed that that hardware kit has been ordered from the factory (Italy).  They hope to receive shipments in the states later this month but if they do not arrive on that shipment they expect to see them on the following shipment which is tentatively supposed to arrive in late September.

That is welcome news that GIVI USA is aware of the 2019 Tracer 900 GT.  He indicated that I could place an order for the SR2139 with the Italian Factory as the SR2139 is the proper kit, but there is only a short warranty period, if any, when purchased over seas whereas US Dealers have a 2 year warranty.  That suggests, without confirmation, that the USA 2019 Tracer 900 GT tail  frame component is the same as the 2018 900 GT in Europe.

• Supporting Member

I installed a SW-Motech Alu-Rack and Givi Monokey adapter plate that I bought from Twisted Throttle. At the time, these were listed under the 2017 FJ-09, not the 2019 900 GT. Fitment was easy, but did require some minor trimming of the angled cut-out in the side cover through which the factory grip bars passed under the seat. The lower mounting tabs of the Motech rack are at 90 degrees to the bike, as opposed to the angled tabs on the factory grip bars (see #31 bolt and #30 washer and the angled tabs of the grip bars shown in this drawing). Screen_Shot_2018-08-03_at_10.22.09_PM.png

The cut-out for the factory grip bars can be seen at about 2 o’clock from the number 3 in this drawing.  Screen_Shot_2018-08-03_at_10.41.24_PM.png   

The trimmed cut-out will be square as opposed to angled in order to fit the Motech tabs to the frame’s bolt holes. This enlarges that cut-out and kinda makes the side cover less weather resistant due the removed plastic. I slapped some black Gorilla tape over the cut-out after installation to cover as much of the cut-out as possible to make it somewhat weather-resistant.  I wasn't too happy with having to cut into my new bike's side covers to make the rack fit properly.  The Gorilla tape's not exactly high-tech, either, but it serves the purpose.  

Sounds like the actual 2019 Givi mount will be a better fit for the GT.  

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

Hi Azokie, welcome to the forum (not been here long myself).

I swung by my Yamaha Dealer yesterday (I'm in England) and showed him your original post and asked him if he could comment. His response was that the models are identical (apart from minor legal changes to blinkers etc.). 

Because the the bike is being released so late in the States Yamaha marketing wanted the bike to be known as the 2019, rather than the 2018 (go figure). According to him the bikes are the same as the 'European 2018' models so you shouldn't have any issues with accessories etc.

Cheers
Steve

Archived