I feel MUCH better now...

phpaul

Finally got a ride in. It's either been too hot, too wet or too many more important things to do.

Today was perfect. Low-to-mid 70's, few puffy clouds. Planned a route to hit a couple of roads that I've never been on and it went perfectly.  

First and last part were on roads I've ridden a couple of hundred times just to get to my starting point and back, but the middle was gorgeous.  Beautiful countryside, decent roads (a couple of them newly paved!) and very little traffic.

Rode a shade over 200 miles between 10:00AM and 3:00PM, so pretty relaxed pace.  Stayed in B mode and just putted along 40-50mph for the bulk of it.  Got a personal best mileage of 50.6 calculated at fill up.  I typically get 43 if I've been having fun, 46/7 on routine riding.

tripmap.jpg

Nice loop.

How was the summer traffic on Rt1?

It's crazy down south here along the NH coast right now.

cb
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Nice loop. 
How was the summer traffic on Rt1?

It's crazy down south here along the NH coast right now.

cb
Amazingly, it was quite light.  Normally, I avoid coastal Route 1 for just that reason.  It helped that I was already North/East of Camden by the time I got back on Route 1.  Even Searsport was a breeze and it's usually a 3 mile long parking lot due to tourist traffic and the ****ing flea markets.

Archived