• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Loose mirror housing

whistler

• Supporting Member
Couldn't find a solution using Search, so here I am.  It's a minor issue, but still a little annoying.

The mounting threads and stalks aren't the issue...it's the first pivot knuckle below the mirror housing that slowly rotates downward after rolling over the usual bumps and moguls on my DC commute.  Can't find a way to tighten the knuckle itself.  Thinking about running a small bead of SuperGlue on that knuckle to prevent the mirror housing from rotating.

Anyone else have this problem?  If so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks for your time.

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

• 11 months later...

Same thing on my 2015.  My left mirror is loose as you describe.  Even under hard acceleration (no bumps) my mirror is pointing to the ground. 

Did you find a fix or have it replaced under warranty? 

Edit: Found this post, gonna try this out

20 hours ago, skeelo221 said:

Same thing on my 2015.  My left mirror is loose as you describe.  Even under hard acceleration (no bumps) my mirror is pointing to the ground. 

Did you find a fix or have it replaced under warranty? 

Edit: Found this post, gonna try this out

Mine wouldn't face the ground. The mirror stem would literally close sot that the mirror would end up touching my shoulder (the height of the mirror remained constant). Like yours, anything above 80 kph would end up with the mirror tucked in. Since doing the steps above i haven't had this issue

Archived