• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Best Frame Sliders?

I put on the cheap Chinese aluminum case guards and installed two FZ-1 Delron sliders on each side. Along with the rear foot peg sliders I made there is more than enough protection for minor slides. Can't guarantee any protection once a bike starts to roll over though. :-)6DZXkHp.jpg
sMxNtIk.jpg
QkIOC57.jpg

I put on the cheap Chinese aluminum case guards and installed two FZ-1 Delron sliders on each side. Along with the rear foot peg sliders I made there is more than enough protection for minor slides. Can't guarantee any protection once a bike starts to roll over though. :-)6DZXkHp.jpg sMxNtIk.jpg
QkIOC57.jpg

Ooh thanks for sharing! Mind sharing the link for the aluminum case guards?

• Premium Member
Hi all, 
I'm looking to pick up frame sliders that protect not only the frame but also the engine/stator. Anyone have any recommendations? Or do we have no choice but to buy engine covers as well?
T-Rex racing offers a combo slider kit. Frame sliders, engine case covers, front axle, rear axle. I have had it on my bike since 2015. 
N76-15_Combo-2_T.jpg

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

• Supporting Member
I put on the cheap Chinese aluminum case guards and installed two FZ-1 Delron sliders on each side. Along with the rear foot peg sliders I made there is more than enough protection for minor slides. Can't guarantee any protection once a bike starts to roll over though. :-) 
QkIOC57.jpg

@cuff  I dont think the pucks on the passenger pegs are going to do much at all except catch on the pavement.
2 years ago I hit a deer on my FZ1 and the bike slid on its left side, the foot peg, shifter, passenger peg and forward highway peg all snapped completely off, the engine mount frame sliders caught on the pavement and bent the bolt backward 90 degrees.  I didnt have swingarm sliders but as small as those mount bolts are, I cant help but think they would have bent or snapped off as well.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
Well here's hoping I don't hit a deer then. In a crash, like I said, all bets are off. Looking for more tip over and slow speed protection.

I hope I am wrong about the passenger peg pucks and I hope you never have to try them out.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Givi engine bars. I barrel-rolled the bike at about 40mph. Picked it up, pressed the starter and carried on riding.  
image.png

WOW that's insane. I heard that they didn't fully protect the engine/clutch/stator casings...but clearly yours were in tact for you to ride away after that... 

Hi all, 
I'm looking to pick up frame sliders that protect not only the frame but also the engine/stator. Anyone have any recommendations? Or do we have no choice but to buy engine covers as well?
T-Rex racing offers a combo slider kit. Frame sliders, engine case covers, front axle, rear axle. I have had it on my bike since 2015. 

N76-15_Combo-2_T.jpg

This may be the best deal on a frame slider + engine cover combo that I've seen. Thanks for sharing! How is the quality? 

• Premium Member
This may be the best deal on a frame slider + engine cover combo that I've seen. Thanks for sharing! How is the quality?
The quality is good. They have held up well while being attached for about 27K miles of riding. I bought them because they are a full set of sliders for a good price. I am happy to say that I have not tested their effectiveness at their intended purpose.  
I can offer a tip to make the axle sliders easier to remove and re-assemble: Use some adhesive or epoxy to permanently attach the bolts to the inner part of the axle slider, the part that has external threads. That will remove a step each time you remove the wheel and again when you re-install the wheel.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

Archived