GPS Mount

quetech

Hi
I am thinking about trying to do a high level gps mount above the speedometer but the screen adjuster is in the way.
Given that the adjustment makes little difference I was thinkinking of going fo a fixed screen mounting.
So does anybody know if the old screen mounting fits the GT

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
I can't answer your question directly, but I can share how I have set up my Tracer 900 GT to accommodate a cell phone or GPS. I purchased the Ram Mount base that screws into the handlebar clamp (part# RAM-B-367U), the double socket arm (part# RAM-B-201U) and the X-Grip large phone holder (part# RAM-HOL-UN10BU). The specific holder you need will depend on the device you seek to mount. With the base installed on the forward left-side handlebar clamp, my phone/GPS is immediately visible, does not obstruct view of the TFT display, and is close to the power socket to keep the connection cord short as possible.

One tip - If ordering directly from RAM, they will gig you big time for S&H (~$24.00). Purchased off eBay, shipping is free.

Hi I am thinking about trying to do a high level gps mount above the speedometer but the screen adjuster is in the way.
Given that the adjustment makes little difference I was thinkinking of going fo a fixed screen mounting.
So does anybody know if the old screen mounting fits the GT

Mike
Mike, take a look at this thread if you haven't already.

https://fj-09.org/thread/7404/garmin-gps-kits

If you mean the fitting kit referred to in this thread the 'old' version will not fit because it relies on the screen mounting holes which are different on the GT. They have a new bracket (also referred to in the thread but it's not recommended for units above 200g)

Cheers
Steve

Archived