Re Flash for 2018?

the little CP3 motor is a bundle of energy on tap ?...

you may find the motor is much smoother with throttle inputs when the rpms are above 3.5k... it took me a good few thousand miles to teach my right wrist how to learn a modern day electronic throttle vs years of using carb/cable systems coupled with the 893cc instant Yamaha black magic ?

I have found I now roll off the throttle in 2 steps vs rolling off the throttle like I did on carb/cable bikes... the first step is I roll off the throttle ever so slightly to the point I feel the motor has started to slow down(to me this lets me know the "throttle" is paying attention to me) then I roll off the the throttle some more as the 2nd step...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
the little CP3 motor is a bundle of energy on tap ?...  
you may find the motor is much smoother with throttle inputs when the rpms are above 3.5k... it took me a good few thousand miles to teach my right wrist how to learn a modern day electronic throttle vs years of using carb/cable systems coupled with the 893cc instant Yamaha black magic ?

I have found I now roll off the throttle in 2 steps vs rolling off the throttle like I did on carb/cable bikes... the first step is I roll off the throttle ever so slightly to the point I feel the motor has started to slow down(to me this lets me know the "throttle" is paying attention to me) then I roll off the the throttle some more as the 2nd step...

^^ +1 ^^  I have found that I do the exact same thing. 

It is much more of keeping the rpm's a bit higher and "rolling" the throttle almost closed, then back open vs. chopping it closed and whacking it open.
Also, check your throttle cable slack, you can adjust it up near the throttle housing.  That will be more of a personal preference but I adjust all of the slack out of my cable without affecting idle.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived