New from socal

jonnymertz

• Supporting Member
Hi all from sunny socal! Picking up a used 2016 yamaha fj-09 as a commuter. Been riding for about 13 years nearly daily

Welcome to the forum.  Hopefully you aren't affected by the wildfires down there, its truly tragic whats happening in California right now.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Congrats on the new bike, Although I have to admire your moxy - commuting in Southern California on a motorcycle is no small feat.......

Congrats on the new bike, Although I have to admire your moxy - commuting in Southern California on a motorcycle is no small feat.......

Thanks. Yes I've been commuting for work via 2 wheels for a few years now. Riding for around 13 years total though. Lane splitting is legal making easier but I don't commute in and out of downtown LA thankfully. LA drivers are relentless and lanes are tighter. I'm in the next county over. Wider highways and Carpool lanes.

You rock.  Why even Ari Hemming from Motorcyclist Magazine crashed while commuting in So Cal.

Ride safe and watch you back. And get to know the FJ brakes... not the strongest in the market.

cb
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Archived