Hard luggage - top box and pannier options

Hi all,

I thought this would be a good place to list options as they start to come out.  So far I have found Hepco and Becker side and top racks as well as Givi, but they are expensive, not in the UK and have no pictures of them as yet.  I think I will probably go down the H&B route with Junior 40s all round.

H&B side racks on Polo http://www.polo-motorrad.com/en/lock-it-seitenkoffertrager-yamaha-mt-09-tracer-anthrazit.html

H&B top rack on MotoBuyKers http://www.motobuykers.co.uk/product/alurack-yamaha-mt-09-tracer-abs-antracite/

Givi UK

Givi (Austria) top rack http://givishop.at/product_info.php/info/p5046_Topcase-Traeger-schwarz-fuer-Monokey-Topcase.html - no stock

Givi (Austria) side rack - no stock or price

Please feel free to list further options below as they become available

update 13/03 - a message from Givi

Good Morning and thank you for your email

In answer to your query, I can confirm that Givi has produced a range of accessories that are specific to the 2015 Yamaha MT09 Tracer. I would advise that if you visit the “My Motorcycle” section of the Givi.co.uk website today, information regarding the 2015 MT09 Tracer can be found under the main Yamaha heading.

To mount a top box to the MT09 Tracer using the specific rear rack (part number) SR2122, it would be necessary to purchase an additional plate. For a MONOKEY box, either an M5 or M7 plate would be required. For a MONOLOCK box, either an M5M or M6M plate would be required. Our full range of boxes can be viewed on the Givi website.

In terms of panniers, the PLXR2122 will ONLY accommodate our V35 boxes. The PL2122CAM will ONLY accommodate our Outback Trekker boxes. The PLR2122 will accommodate any boxes from our Monokey range (with the exception of our V35 and Outback Trekkers). We also produce a pannier rail for soft side bags (TE2122).

If you would like further information or any assistance in pricing a full luggage set for your motorcycle, please do not hesitate in calling me on 01327 706220. But please be advised that to place an order, you would need to contact your local Givi stockist / retailer, details of which can be obtained using the banner heading of “Distribution” on the Givi.co.uk website.

Thank you

Hi all, 
I thought this would be a good place to list options as they start to come out.  So far I have found Hepco and Becker side and top racks as well as Givi, but they are expensive, not in the UK and have no pictures of them as yet.  I think I will probably go down the H&B route with Junior 40s all round.

H&B side racks on Polo http://www.polo-motorrad.com/en/lock-it-seitenkoffertrager-yamaha-mt-09-tracer-anthrazit.html

H&B top rack on MotoBuyKers http://www.motobuykers.co.uk/product/alurack-yamaha-mt-09-tracer-abs-antracite/

Givi (Austria) top rack http://givishop.at/product_info.php/info/p5046_Topcase-Traeger-schwarz-fuer-Monokey-Topcase.html - no stock

Givi (Austria) side rack - no stock or price

Please feel freet o list further options below as they become available

nice work m8

Am I missing something, as I didn't find any of those sites actually show how there racks fit a FJ?

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

I've been running through options on hard cases too and finally finished shopping today. Initially, I really liked the H&B cases, especially the Junior Flash side cases with the Journey top case, but I didn't want to spend that much to get them across the border.

I shifted to looking at some cheaper Shad cases. The new SH36 side cases sit on a low profile mount that would probably look good on the FJ with a top case. I spoke with a 'chat tech" and he told me that they were coming out with a FJ specific 3P mount in the next month or so. My plan was to buy the SH36 side cases and add the SH39 top case with the dealer discount through Yamaha Canada because they're cheaper with the current exchange rate, and then get the mounts shipped to the border for pickup when they were released in the US. http://www.shad.es/en/shad-usa/ has good info on the cases, but its probably easier to buy from shadonline.com if people are in the US.

In the end, I found a set of new grey FJR cases on clearance through Kijiji for $400/pair, so I ordered the OEM case lower case supports and locks through the dealer. Given that I saved about $1000 on the side cases, I decided to blow the budget a Givi V47 top case from ebay with the accessory brake light kit and a back rest.

I'm counting on the fact that the Givi E251 universal adapter will play nice with the OEM rack I ordered with the bike. Everything should arrive next week, and then I'll get her ready for some weekend touring.

I've been running through options on hard cases too and finally finished shopping today. Initially, I really liked the H&B cases, especially the Junior Flash side cases with the Journey top case, but I didn't want to spend that much to get them across the border.  
I shifted to looking at some cheaper Shad cases. The new SH36 side cases sit on a low profile mount that would probably look good on the FJ with a top case. I spoke with a 'chat tech" and he told me that they were coming out with a FJ specific 3P mount in the next month or so. My plan was to buy the SH36 side cases and add the SH39 top case with the dealer discount through Yamaha Canada because they're cheaper with the current exchange rate, and then get the mounts shipped to the border for pickup when they were released in the US. http://www.shad.es/en/shad-usa/ has good info on the cases, but its probably easier to buy from shadonline.com if people are in the US.

In the end, I found a set of new grey FJR cases on clearance through Kijiji for $400/pair, so I ordered the OEM case lower case supports and locks through the dealer. Given that I saved about $1000 on the side cases, I decided to blow the budget a Givi V47 top case from ebay with the accessory brake light kit and a back rest.

I'm counting on the fact that the Givi E251 universal adapter will place nice with the OEM rack I ordered with the bike. Everything should arrive next week, and then I'll get her ready for some weekend touring.

If I could find some FJR bags I would go down that route also, alas everyone seems to have the same idea and the UK market doesn't seem to be flooded with 2nd hand bags. I even ventured on to the FJR forum but no luck.
It's interesting being in at the very beginning of a bikes life cycle, it's nice having something brand new but also a little tough not being able to take a change of clothes and flowers for my mother :)

So, just to show myself up completely, 5 minutes after writing the above post I found some FJR bags on ebay. They are a little tatty and cost £280 shipped to Edinburgh, however by the time I have the vinyl on them they will be ideal. I will keep this thread updated with other options the best I can.

• Premium Member
Am I missing something, as I didn't find any of those sites actually show how there racks fit a FJ?
redfjniner are you making an allowance that the links refer to European sites where the FJ09 is known as the  MT09 Tracer

Good work grosgym. I have edited a couple of broken links as the forum software was confused by Givi using a comma

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

redfjniner are you making an allowance that the links refer to European sites where the FJ09 is known as the  MT09 Tracer 

I know that FJ-09 is the same as the MT-09 Tracer, but all those sites showed other bikes, not the MT-09 Tracer(as you prefer), or I could see it.  Would be nice if you decide to use one or the other to post up pictures with the MT-09.  TIA

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

All the links should point to products for the MT-09 Tracer.  As this is in the European area I decided to call it the MT-09 Tracer (as it is called here).

Now if you would like to speak with Yamaha about calling a bike the MT-09, then bringing out the MT-09 Tracker before releasing the MT-09 Tracer, I would be more than happy to back you up  :)  No wonder the insurance companies are confused!

Archived