Thread titles...

Looking at the 'All Activity' Thread heading I note that some headings or titles show up in BOLD type, others non-bold - see pic below with examples circled.

Why is it so?   Is there any significance in this?   Does it depend on the OP putting the title in bold or non-bold?   Only a tiny matter, but has me head-scratching!

P1050056_LI.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I noticed you took a picture of something on your screen and my work has some tech support elements to it, so I just wanted to let you know there's a much easier way.

It looks like you're using Windows 10, which has a "snipping" tool that allows you to capture any part of the display really easily and save it as a picture.  It has a pen and highlighter tools to easily circle or mark your capture, all in one step.

Windows 10: Get into Start Menu, select All apps, choose Windows Accessories and open Snipping Tool.

(Sorry about the off topic!  For me the bold means unread, and non bold means I've clicked into and viewed the thread and there isn't anything new in it. Sometimes it will return to bold after I've read it if there is new content or posts within the thread that I haven't read.)

10 minutes ago, superfist said:

For me the bold means unread, and non bold means I've clicked into and viewed the thread and there isn't anything new in it. Sometimes it will return to bold after I've read it if there is new content or posts within the thread that I haven't read.)

Thanks for confirming what I posted above. 👍🏻 @wordsmith, are you sure you’re seeing something different?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, superfist said:

I noticed you took a picture of something on your screen and my work has some tech support elements to it, so I just wanted to let you know there's a much easier way.

It looks like you're using Windows 10, which has a "snipping" tool that allows you to capture any part of the display really easily and save it as a picture.  It has a pen and highlighter tools to easily circle or mark your capture, all in one step.

Windows 10: Get into Start Menu, select All apps, choose Windows Accessories and open Snipping Tool.

I didn't know about the snipping tool. That is going to save some time for me. Now I have more time to ride. 😊

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

5 hours ago, BBB said:

Thanks for confirming what I posted above. 👍🏻 @wordsmith, are you sure you’re seeing something different?

Yes - see pic below just taken after I had read the first post there on the Africa Twin.   Top post heading is in un-bold (!): next two are bold.   It's a matter of only tiny significance to me now, in fact I'd even forgotten about it, but it did/ still does pique my curiosity!   Thanks for the follow-up!

P1050114.JPG

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Archived