New GT owner UK

Explorer

Hi took delivery of my gt just before winter started, so only managed 140 miles before bad weather started. So it's in hibernation now which is a great time to start mods.

Stock screen I don't like so fitted dark MRA sports screen, looks great. Changed levers to evotech ones very impressed with the quality.

Tail tidy fitted again evotech very easy to fit and a quality item. The original indicators had to go, so replaced them with Yamaha led ones.

Changed footpegs for Gilles black touring ones. Put a fender extender on front mudguard and also fitted evotech radiator guard.

The stock exhaust with that horrendous cat had to go, replaced with akrapovic full system, the one with the carbon tip, bit of a pain getting old exhaust off, I had to take the main stand off as the dam cat would not pass through.

welcome, i just joined few minutes before you lol

excellent first post :) as i needed most of the answers from what you done 

1. anyways you can post a pic of the MRA screen. No good pics online of full bike front. Hoping to get that short screen some time soon > ebay seller wouldnt sell it to me in usa > usa sellers dont have it in stock

2. Yamaha led indicators > any links to them? where they straight swap ? > i read in here or somewhere somebody running into trouble installing. 

3. you mean stock cat wouldnt drop down without taking the center stand off? where you able to get the whole job done while on side stand ? 

Hi tracer doc,  I got my screen direct from mra in Germany. The Yamaha indicators are on the Yamaha website,  they were straightforward to fit. The original exhaust would not slide out with the main stand on, after taking main stand off the job was easy on the side stand.

4 hours ago, Explorer said:

Hi tracer doc,  I got my screen direct from mra in Germany. The Yamaha indicators are on the Yamaha website,  they were straightforward to fit. The original exhaust would not slide out with the main stand on, after taking main stand off the job was easy on the side stand.

Thx,  i guess from across the pond I will have to work through different vendors to get the mra screen. Can you share a pic of the front of bike with the screen? 

Yamaha oem indicators I can get through eBay vendors, did you cut and splice and connect etc. or used “connectors “ 

I went out and inspected the bike again, now i I under stand about the oem exhaust, yea that’s a bulky guy no way it’s coming off easy through there it seems. 

42 minutes ago, TracerDoc said:

I went out and inspected the bike again, now i I under stand about the oem exhaust, yea that’s a bulky guy no way it’s coming off easy through there it seems. 

The OEM exhaust comes out in 1 piece if you remove the exit tip heat shield IIRC from 3yrs ago... 

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived