Schuberth SC1/Sena Comms unit v2 Firmware upgrade

vic

Hi

Not sure if this is the correct place for this question but I have a Schuberth C4 Helmet with the SC1 integrated comms. Sena have released a V2 firmware upgrade for the SC1 but I'm struggling to figure out the changes!  It does sound louder, and there is a specific pairing option for a GPS. The phone app has several new options, but it's not clear what they all do.

Has anyone installed this update and could they enlighten me :)

Vic

• Supporting Member

Interesting.  I wasn’t aware of this firmware update, so appreciate the heads up... I’ll apply it to my 20s.   

It looks like the primary enhancements are around audio multitasking for Bluetooth intercom in addition to the Sena mesh intercom.  Plus  a vague ‘Bluetooth stability and performance enhancements’ claim.  I’ll give it a go and let you know if I find anything particularly interesting.    

Thanks for the heads-up. Just updated my 10u. If they’ve got it right, then it will solve the hassle I have when using satnav and listening to music on my phone at the same time.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• 1 month later...

Since updating the SC1A to 2.0 firmware I had my first long ride with a mate this weekend. 

Audio multitasking seemed to work well. I could still hear the intercom while my Garmin was giving navigation guidance. Phone connection via the Garmin still seemed a bit hit and miss. I’ve never really managed to sort it, although I’m fairly  certain it’s set up correctly. 

Vic